
I am starting to feel like I am in Christmas Crisis mode now. I have so much to do still and instead of getting any of it done today I spend most the day picking out house stuff and begging for and organizing at the last minute for them to put a Central Vacuum System into my new house. My contractor is ready to kill me, and said “PLEASE don’t spring anything on my like this again.” But this is one of those things you can’t easily add later so too bad for him, and Jesse too. LOL Actually I didn’t even know I wanted it because I thought it was too expensive. I just assumed so and I didn’t even price them. And then someone brought us a bid and I was like, what the heck, may as well put it in. So last minute, but at least I am getting it. Right? LOL Now if I can just throw together Christmas. I still need to wrap, bake and deliver, not to mention a few more gifts that I need to buy. OH THE JOY!!
WOW I need a nap! I love to bake but this year I only did cheap lazy gifts for my neighbors. LOL Of course because I am insane this month!! I took out hot chocolate and candy canes. And for the kid’s teachers we special ordered pencils that had the teachers name printed on them and tied them to a bad of candy so that they could put it into their rewards boxes. I know some teachers get so much lotions, candles, and candy that they can’t possibly use it all. So, I wanted to do something different this year. I offered my kids to make treats on Wed. night and they said “no way! She already got like 10 plates of cookies today” so I was glad I had ordered the pencils. One teacher loved hers so much she already called to ask me where to get more. I told her to play her cards right and she might get some for Valentines. She thought that was pretty funny. She is Samantha’s best friends’ grandma. We love her!!!!! Anyhow that is how things are working around here this year. I have done lots of baking of goodies but mostly just me and the kids. With Jesse and 4 kids things get eaten up pretty fast around here. J
I was so busy today with house stuff, lots of shopping with the kids, we had our 4 way inspection and we passed!!, we picked out our appliances, got set up for our central vac, Jesse got the speaker wire installed that he was been wanting to do, and then I took Samantha and helped to her friend party for 2 hrs tonight. Once I dropped some of the girls off, I barely made it home in time to log into work. I was very happy to finally get to sit down. Sad when getting to work it the relaxing part of the day. I was very happy to just get to sit here and talk to people on the phone tonight.
The next few days around here are crazy! Tonight I have to get pictures ready for my mom to print for her calendars. Tomorrow I have to meet at the house for the central vacuum guy to get my vacuum installed. Then I have to pick up 2 last presents and some food for the parties, and then I need to tie cards to my neighbor gifts and run those around, and then I need to wrap my presents because I haven’t even started yet! YIKES!!! And then I have to work at 8. Then on Sunday will be lots more wrapping and maybe some more running of gifts. Ya know what I should take out all the neighbor gifts on Sunday. That would be a great Sunday activity a good giving way to spend the Sabbath. Plus I work at 8 so I could do it before. Then on Christmas Eve night we will go to my mom’s for dinner and then open presents and act out the nativity. My mom has made costumes and the works that we use each year. I will probably have to leave early because I have to work that night but at least I only live a mile away from her so that won’t be too bad. Then after I get off work I will have to do the presents and will probably fall into bed exhausted about 10 min. before my kids get up. They always wake up so stinking early on Christmas!!! Then we have to be to Jesse’s mom for my favorite Christmas morning omelets! YUMMY can’t wait!!! And then home for a few hrs. (Hoping a nap) and back up to his Dad’s for dinner and a last minute visit from Santa who if stopping by on his way back from deliveries in the islands. Just to drop off some extra PJ’s for grandma to give the kids. He came last year and it made my kids Christmas great! I am glad Grandma talked him into coming back. They are butchers and it helped that when he shot a deer this year they processed the meat and she told him he couldn’t pick it up unless we got on the list for Christmas Day. Hey Grandma, way to blackmail Santa!
Then I work Christmas night and then the next day is Garyn’s b-day. I don’t know what we are doing but we are doing something really fun. We always try to make it a big deal since it is so close to Christmas. But I do not want to admit that he is 5 so I have been putting it off something fierce. I hate birthdays!!!!!!! I want my kiddos to stay little forever! I get wed. and Thursday off and I am going to curl up in a ball and sleep for hours! Well maybe I will just rent movies and veg on the couch. That is my favorite way to spend a night off. Still haven’t seen Stalking Santa. I will though because it still looks really funny to me!
2 comments:
Do you SERIOUSLY work Christmas Eve and Christmas night????? !!!!!
WHAT?!?!?!!
Hey you will never regret your central vac!! Besides, that's what you PAY your contractor for! He's basically your slave to do your bidding! Trust me, I know!! That is how alot of Allans client treat him, LOL!
Post a Comment