Eeewww! That damn groundhog better RUN! I am not happy with him, and if I run into him in a dark alley he may be in trouble! I am so sick of Winter this year! And of course since I am building a house and trying to get my dang well drilled, we are having one of the worst winters in who knows how long. My stupid luck! (The well guys were trying to un-thaw a hose and caught the whole rig on fire friday so they had to pull off and will be back with a different one monday. They are already 380ft deep and no good water yet! UGH!!! They keep saying it's too cold for the equitment. Thats a whole other story) And so then this STUPID!!!! groundhog has to go and see his stupid shadow! OK so I don't really belive that a rodent can predict the weather and I usually just have fun with this holiday. But since I am so sick of winter I am going to blame this poor defenseless creature because that is just the way I Roll.
RUN PHIL RUN!
On a not so sinister note: I am so lucky to have the mother that I have. She does the funnest and ok the funniest things. Every year for who knows how long my mother has celebrated Groundhogs Day. She celebrates everything. And I think it is so much fun. This year she wanted me to plan the brown festivities but since the painters have too much stuff in the new house I decided to plan it for her house. (poor mom! she got stuck with all the mess because I had to get home to work)
So this year we had everyone come in winter clothes so we could have more fun tubing behind the 4 wheelers. We ate sandwiches, chilie, and groundhogs on a stick (also known as corn dogs) with baby ground hogs (also known as tator tots). After much eating and playing grandma sat down at the table and helped the kids make a groundhog candy bar treat. This is a picture of them making the treat. She does it with a small candy bar then they add ears made out of almonds and eyes of cloves and a tiny sweet heart for the nose. They are really cute. I didn't get a close up of them. BAD ME!
4 comments:
I hate the groundhog too. Helen rocks!!! I want to be Helen when I have grandkids.
Helen is a PARTY ANIMAL. No kidding. I wish I had half her energy and stamina. Her grandkids are going to have amazing memories of her--what a legacy.
Linked over to youi from Missy. Seriously, I can't stand any more winter. It lasts forever in Utah! It's not to have snow in Easter, but I guarantee it won't mean spring for us!
That DARN BLASTED rodent!!! I am so irritated with him and his shadow!
I want to be Helen when I grow up.
Post a Comment