Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Crafty Goodness and Girl Fun

OOH LA LA!: OK so I am like what almost a month late? But I really wanted to post these pictures because we had so much fun back in April at Scrapbook USA in SLC. We have this little group that gets together every time the expo runs and we keep adding people each time too and that makes it even funner. :) We are loving this tradition. This time we stayed at my house and I loved, loved, loved being the host, since I finally have some room to do it. I know you totally missed sleeping on the love seat huh Amy? I kicked the kids out of their rooms and they slept in the bonus room for a few nights so they were loving it too, thinking it was an extension of spring break. (we got home from spring break Thursday night and the girls started arriving Thursday night too so it was pretty much an extension of spring break) And then we took over the bedrooms and house. It was great. Poor Jesse.

This was such a great way to beak in the new house and I loved taking some time off work to just hang with the girls. Here are the pictures so that I have proof that I actually did get some crafting time. WOO HOO!!!

My total favorite purchase this year was these card kits from Creating Keepsakes. LOVE THEM! I bought a lot of them since I planned on using them as gifts. I am not creative but I love to create and this is a super cool way for me to go. Any time it is pre-thought out is good for me. And each kit makes 75 cards so I was uber impressed. Wishing I could get more actually.

Here are some of the other cards I made that weekend and the bags that I put the cards in for the teachers. These cards were from kits by My Minds Eye. Super Cute Huh? Then the night before mothers day I thought of an even cuter card holder so my mothers day gifts were mondo cutsie. I will try to find the picture and add it too the bottom.

After the expo and after we had shopped till we dropped we stopped of to eat. I took Samantha with me to the expo and she had a blast I found her a great kit that had a 12x12 book and all the matching papers and sticker and etc. for $15 she was in heaven but she got sooo tired and said she couldn't shop any more (after like 3 hrs) and since Nikki was leaving early she was nice enough to take her home. It is along drive that was very nice of her. Here are the ones that when to eat. Subrina, and her Niece, Trissy, Amy w/Trissy's little girl, Marylnn with her tiny baby, And Heidi.
Here is Marylnn and her tiny baby she wasn't even 6 weeks old but ML brought her and came and had fun anyway. We all loved taking turns holding her, and I think mommy had a fun time, and that she really needed the mommy break too. There is no therapy quite like girls nights especially sleep overs, right? Especially for a mom that just had her 3rd baby. It is exhausting.
And here we are just hanging out, scrapping, crafting, playing and eating. I actually had room for 5 fold up tables I was shocked. It was nice we could all fit together in one room area. It was smoochy but nice.
I don't know what possessed us but we were nice and let the kids hang with us this weekend too. Well on Saturday night for a bit anyway. Here are some of my kids and Nikki's kids. Yeah they are bored can you tell? NOT! They loved it. I have to admit having the extra kids around was actually easier because all of my kids had someone to play with. Well, except for Will, but her just loves the chaos. Very true too he never is hard when I have him in a big group. It is when we are trying to deal with him at home in the quiet that he turns into a monster. Strange o kid.
Garyn and Kenzie. They had a blast running around and playing. Now don't they make a cute couple? Yeah, I am thinking Subrina and I should arrange a marriage.... LOL I am sure the will love to hear that in 20 yrs. But he already knows I am nuts.
As you can see it was a pretty successful weekend. Lots of fun and lots of crafting. My kids made tons of scrapbook pages and Samantha's looked better than mine. Another of her many talents. She just can do anything. No fair. Jaden thinks she hogged up all the family talent but he has talents they are just not the kind you can see or win awards for. But they are still very important and useful. I felt the same way growing up I was smooshed in between 2 brothers that were 4.0 students, with lots of abilities. But they (and they will disagree here but it my blog so hahahaha) they were smart nerds and I was social (lucky to graduate too busy dating) so I just pretended I didn't know them even though I was impressed will all that they could and still can do. They stole the talent jeans in our family. Mean of them huh? But really, they did leave me the grand copy-cat, crafty jean and the party planning jean so isn't that all the talent I need? ;)

7 comments:

Amy said...

Poor Jesse indeed! You forgot to add that Jesse was our tech support desk and we kept him busy all weekend! LOL He was a good sport. And I was always happy as long as I had a place to rest my head. Its not like we get any sleep when we get together anyway!

oda41143 Missy said...

I am so stinking jealous. Those cards are adorable and look at all that fun you are having without me. You are mean. Point me in the direction to buy those card kits.

Crazymamaof6 said...

SO fun! i've never been to an overnight girls night weekend. LUCKY! that is awesome! love the cards SO COOL!

Amy said...

Hey I know that I already posted so I'm officially stalking you but I got that card kit today. It's totally worth the money, go and order them! Remember to use the
CK15 code to get 15% off. Hurry! Go order now before they are all gone!

Marla said...

How fun! And you got to be the host! Nat, that is AWESOME. You have always been the host but I bet this time was a little bit happier. I little bit funner to invite your friends over. Call me next time I would love to come. These times with friends give you the strengh to make it through the rest of the days.

Emy5 said...

Wow you are putting your new home to good use. Super party.

Amy said...

Oh and I love the picture of me drinking a diet pepsi, it doesn't get more real than that. And I have no make up on. If I had my pj's on still, you'd think that I had moved in! LOL