Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Sunday Crazy Sunday

Lots to post and so little time. I seem to be in a whirl wind again. (oh wait, that is how I always am. You know that walking tornado thing) I promise to post my crafty scrapbooking fun soon. But today I have to post about our funny dinner yesterday.



Since my parents live across the street and we go to church together we decided to BBQ some meat and I was just throwing together some potatoes and veggies and sides. Not anything big you know, just throwing together some food. So then my mom calls because when she got home from church my brother and his little boy were at her house so she wanted to know if he could come too. So of course, I am like yes bring him over. and then the funny part was that when Jaden went to help dad with the BBQ'r he comes in and says "mom I didn't know Anya and her family were coming" and I was like Uhmmm..... what? neither did I. so I looked out the window and what did I see? 5 more people coming to eat with me.




So we thawed out some chicken and threw some more tatoes into the microwave and ended up having a really fun Sunday afternoon BBQ. The more the merrier I say. It was fun and then not long after eating Here come my nieces Kaila with 3 of her sisters. So they just joined in all the fun. A little Sunday craziness but it sure turned out great. It is a good thing that on Saturday I had decided to brave the rapids and take Will and go grocery shopping even though I thought I was going to die before we finally got him out of the store. but at least I had restocked. LOL


HE IS HORRIBLE TO SHOP WITH!!!!!! grrrrrrrr... He throws stuff out of the cart, throws fits, throws himself from the cart, and basically grabs crap off the shelves and throws it down the isle. And he gets into sooo much trouble and then he cries and then I want to cry and then people make me mad, that are all judgy and grrrr that try to tell me "advice" which is just another way of saying "Hey total stranger you are a bad mom and your kid it totally out of control and spoiled" and to that I want to say "DUH! Ya think?"


And this is all beside the point, of our spontaneous fun from Sunday and I know you are wondering why I am so cool and why my family wants to come and play at my house and so to that I have to admit sadly it isn't me but rather that who can resist the charms of these cute puppies that are grandpa's house??? Yeah you are starting to see what I mean now. Yeah the puppies and also rides on the 4 wheeler with grandpa are the drawing attractions. I just happened to be the one holding grandma and grandpa hostage at the time. Oh yeah and I am sure that Jesse making a fire in the fire pit and making s'mores wasn't at all alluring. (no pictures of that since I was locked up in the office working by then) It was a super crazy and super fun day!!!


Pictures to prove it.......


Ya you know they are so cute! Want one?

This is the one I want. The kids want the brown one. But this one is such a doll and she is so sweet. I would have to call her pepper with all those mini spots.

See the brown ones are cute but just not my favorite!

All the kids posing on the 4 wheeler with Grandpa getting ready to go see the pups. Mommy dog trying to get on with them. LOL she loves to ride with grandpa.



Today we baby sat my nephew Scott. He is such a doll and though 2 2yr olds can make quite a mess he is a joy and is so much easier than my Will. And he kept Will entertained. Here they are playing guns with some kind of sticks. Fun Fun


And tonight for FHE we went over and helped grandma and grandpa in there yard getting ready to put in the garden. A great service project for the kids and also a great opportunity for them to learn from and work with their grandparents. Jesse took the kids and they tilled his moms garden so they got a chance to do it for both. I am glad we live close enough for the kids so get so much grandparent time. And that we can help our parents out sometimes. It is nice to help when we can. All in all not a bad weekend I would say pretty great actually!

3 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow so fun to have lots of company for dinner. you handled it so well! a sunday after church BBQ is super fun, especially with puppies to play with, and a quad to ride around on.

Amy said...

awww, I want a puppy. I just don't want all the work that comes with it! So cute!

Cecily R said...

Those puppies are cute but I bet it's you that they want to hang with!!!!!