Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Spring Break was so much FUN!


SPRING BREAK!
I am back now from all of our fun FUN fun over spring break. I actually got back last week but we were busy at work and home and so I haven't had any time to get online and post. Here is a picture blog (my favorite kind) of the fun, fun time we had in Mesquite NV with the whole famdamily. I love these family trips, and of course so do the kiddos.
So here is the fabulous run down. I know you will be so jealous. LOL
Ok so lets start with about 5 hrs of driving to get to our hotel in Mesquite. We have been going to Mesquite all together as a family for spring break for years. We use to stay in these certain condos but they are now gone, so now we just stay at wherever has the best deal. The kids did pretty great in the car. We stopped and switched with cousins a few times.

Samantha who is only 9 being a brat and hiding under her pillow to show us just how mad and teenager-ish she can be. Ummm yeah can't even remember what she was mad about. Too bad for her she missed out on about 30 minutes of the drive. hahahaha Whatever Deary.....


Since my sisters kids had a dance competition in St. George UT, she and my parents left a few days earlier than us so we met them by the St. George LDS Temple and stopped in the visitors center for a bit. This was a fun addition to the trip. Then after more cousin regrouping and car hopping we were off on our way again.

(Note: I am LDS not FLDS for any people that may be confused or curious. The FLDS people that are one the news are not of the same religion as I am. Thanks for letting me clear that up)


A picture of the raggamuffins eating. While we were there we did much eating. and eating, and eating. We totally go there for the great prime rib that is CHEAP. Yeah we stayed 4 nights 5 days, and I had prime rib 4 times. YUMMY and the delicious Ham Steak and eggs, more YUMMY goodness! So I had to take a picture of us at a restaurant since that is where we were a lot.

Notice the creamer tower that Garyn and Will are making? Yes we do get creative when it comes to eating out. WILL IS A PILL!!! We had to take turns on several occasions with taking him out side. He is just plain no fun to take anywhere. I finally ran by a Wal-Mart and got fruit snacks and other entertainment for meal time. It at least slows the inevitable someone has to leave the restaurant with him bull crap that happens. And yet he looks so innocent huh? Don't let it fool you he is not, but he is cute and sincere and very lovey dovey.

Hanging out outside while Daddy pays the check in the restaurant. We like to take the kids outside and get them out of the smelly, smoky, casinos. Garyn walking on the edge of the fountain/wishing well. Grandpa gave him some change to throw in. Before throwing it he held it high above his head and said aloud (in his very loud voice) "I wish for all the things I ever want in life, and that our family can always choose the right." Now how stinking cute is that? He is just so squishy, funny, cute, and smiley all the time. He is totally squeezable.

Oh an notice the movies listed behind him. One of the casinos has a dollar movie so we went and saw Penelope, LOVED IT!!

And when we weren't eating we were here at the pool. The kids love the water slide. Will loved the hot tub. Don't blame him either the pool was dang cold. It was nice and relaxing... well ok for some it was but not for those with small can't swim babies it was totally exhausting! And Jesse conveniently didn't bring a suit and refused to swim so I got to chase all 4 in the pool alone. Nice huh? grrrrrrrr! But he totally took over watching the kids when we got home and my friends came to scrapbook for 4 days so he is forgiven on the swimming thing. LOL And nope sorry NO fat cow in a swim suit pictures of me to break the computer.



Grandpa (aka my daddy) and Will. We got adjoining rooms and Will just loved to run over to see grandpa all the time. He is like Grandpa's little shadow. And he is usually not such a little shit for Grandpa as he is for the rest of us. It is great he is nice to someone. LOL I have to admit he is actually doing much better now that we are moved and away from the mold. (knock on wood) But, we haven't had a real good bout of diarrhea for a few weeks. I just wish Grandpa could get feeling better too. 2 back surgeries in 1 year and diabetes too. He has been under the weather, but comes on the trip anyway to spend time with the family. Bless his heart. And you know what, the kids will always have these memories of there time with Grandma and Grandpa on trips. They are very lucky.

Some of the crew out side just hanging after the movies. Some people saw different movies so we had to wait for them all to get out. All together on the trip we had my Mom and Dad, My little brother and his wife, my Sister and her hubby and 5 kids, my older brother and his wife and 3 kids, and my other older brother and his wife and they also have 3 kids, plus Jesse and I and our 4 kids. So yeah I wasn't kidding about it being the whole famdamily was I? LOL and we were missing my other younger brother and his wife and 1 kid. And I have one brother that passed away 15 yrs ago so if anyone is keeping track my parents had 7 children. WOW huh! Yeah I know and I have no idea how they did it. I don't even have the patience and energy for 4 of them.

And as I have said before and will say a million times more my mother is AMAZING. And even now we are all gone and married and she is still planning family vacations, picinics, and events. And she is great about finding the best deals so that we can all afford to go. She rocks! And she knows that the family that plays together stays together.

And we also did the go-carts. Jaden having a blast! He loves that he is now big enough to drive one on his own. He could have spent a million dollars on those things. But hey at 11 driving is so cool. This week he went to help feed cows with some people in our ward and they let him drive the truck along as they threw out the hay from the back. So now he totally thinks he Mario Andriette. (no clue how to spell it) He is growing way to fast!

And because I know you are dying to see. This is me and Samantha in our go-cart and what are we doing you may ask? We are totally kicking Jesse's butt that is what we are doing. And yes sometimes Samantha does smile even though her family is sooo uncool. LOL

And last the best of all the game. This is me getting totally bored in the car and thinking I really need to do a self portrait for my blog even if I am a fat cow. So here is me and the totally cute pink cow that Jesse bought me from the gift shop... Whispering... I believe with his um slot machine winnings. LOL We had game credits from the hotel so we used them and won like $60 bucks. Not much for gambling but getting free money was fun. My one brother came out with like $250 off his free game credits. He had the lucky touch this go around.

It was a great trip and was a much needed break. The whole family had a lot of fun and then the same night we got back I had my girl friends starting to arrive for our totally super cool fun girls scrapbook weekend. Ahhhh the bliss. That will be tomorrows post. ;) .....

4 comments:

Amy said...

Love the picture of grandpa and Will! So cute. I'm glad that you guys had fun. I wish our family was more like yours (Goeser side). We would go on vacation and kill each other! Can't you guys just adopt me?

oda41143 Missy said...

I am jealous. I swear, I want to belong to your family. This looks like such a fun trip. Mantha's glasses are so cute in the van pic and of course Garyn, Will and Jaden are doll babies too.

Marla said...

Sounds like you had a BLAST! That is a cool tradtion. I can't believe that you didn't call and remind me about your scrapbook event. I would to have loved to come! Your kids are so cute!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

super fun HUGE FAMILY TRIP! love that you all go together. we go every other year with my family. it's pretty fab. LOVE THE PICTURES! and you are so not FAT COW! are you kidding? loving your pink cow. darn cute. and thoughtful and who doesn't love free money? i love it.

and super awesome scrapbook weekend! and yeah i feel ya on the no fun swimming with small children. not relaxing at all.