
Page Credits: made with Memory Mixer with elements from Banner Women Little Tike Tyrone Bonus
The words on the page say: Tonight we watched the last American Idol for the 2007 season. I haven’t even been following it but I guess the kids have been. This year there was a really talented 17 year old boy from UT and he made it to the final 2. His name is David Archuleta. The kids were so cute and so hyper watching this and cheering for him. They called in and voted for him last night. For dinner I made green chili enchiladas and when I was getting them dished onto the plates Samantha said “Hey mom we are having David Enchiladas for dinner!” She figured I had planned it all along. HAHAHA She is funny. In the end he didn’t win but it was very fun to watch him do so well with his great talent.
Have you ever had one of those stupid days where you just knew everything was going to be bad you had already planned on it and then it just all went worse? This was one of those days. It started before the day even started or ended or whatever you call it. Yesterday we had the dog neutered and so he is supposed to stay close and not get wet for 10 days. But he needed to go out and do his thing so I told Jesse to take him our and the stupid thing ran straight over to my dad. Mind you this is at 1 in the morning when I was working and couldn't got get him and Jesse was just plain mad and then of course it was my fault since I had suggested taking him out because I didn't want to clean up dog crap off the floor. Yea I know I am evil for sure! So when I finally got of work at 4 am I jumped in the car and had to go get the stupid thing and bring him home. UGH! So I didn't even get to bed until 5:30 and I knew that I was not going to get much sleep because some Wed. we have meetings at work.
So since Will and Gary fell asleep so early the night before they were up and wild and crazy by 7:30 am. Lucky Me! So being as that I am running on 2 hrs of sleep I am a bear. So the meeting I was supposed to go to was at 1 but I wanted to go at 10 and get it over with. And I knew I wasn't going to get any sleep but what then the day got worse. Within 10 minutes of Jesse leaving all the fire alarms so off. I look around no fire no smoke. Figure the batteries are dead and reset them. All is quiet for a minute. When I was trying to get ready I went into the kitchen an notice that there is water by the back door. The nice weather was blowing the rain in under the back door. The kids have already messed up the weather stripping. Yes we are all so shocked NOT!
So then I go to the laundry room to get a towel and notice water on the floor back there. My 1st thought is that the kids did it or that the stupid dog peed there (since he is now grounded for his 5 am antics to the house unless he is on his leash) But as I was cleaning it up water dripped on my head. Yes water dripping on my head in my house that is only 2 months old! ARG!!!!!!! I look up and it is coming from the little hole in the smoke detector. Ding ding ding. AH HA no wonder the detectors were going off. So then I call Jesse and the contractor and lucky work told me I could call into the training instead of driving into SLC which takes me all day. So then the stupid smoke detector does off again. This time I know why and I reset them knowing someone is coming to fix it all. or maybe not?
So I go in and try to get logged into the conference call and they are having phone problems. Of course and at this point I am just plain tired and don't want to deal. So they tell me to try again at 1. Ok fine... So what do you think the boys did in 10 mins while I was trying to get logged in and on mute. Everything. Mess mess mess and more mess. Including spray bottles of water and kitchen tongs and dry spaghetti noodles. grrrrrrr kids. So then they get into trouble and I try to start cleaning up and Will is a snotty little pill and starts crying and wanting to be held and Garyn is picking on him making him cry and chasing him and blah blah blah. So we finally get settled and I think hey maybe I can take a little nap before I have to call in again. SO I get Will all settled on my lap and of course the dang smoke alarm goes off again. This time it will not reset. And duh it is freaking out because it is wet and I am such a chicken I wasn't about to go in and pull it down because I don't want to get electrocuted. So I sit and listen to it and now I am intense and the kids are intense and then Garyn come up and says "wanna know what I think of this day?" and I say "That its' a bad one?" and he says "no it is the worst day ever" so then we sang the best day ever song only made it the worst day ever song and we at least go a good laugh out of it. We made lunch and then I went in to get logged on to the call. With the detector going off every few minutes by now. LOVELY!! I swear I was about to start having seizures.
Thank goodness for mute. I was able to shut the door get logged in and on mute in under 5 min. This time the boys were nice enough to not get into to much trouble and then I walked around with the phone listening. 1/2 way through Jesse came home. He isn't a chicken and had that thing ripped off the ceiling and the batteries out before I could say boo. UGH what a day. But then I was able to get off the call have a 2 1/2 hr nap WOO HOO and the rest of the night wasn't too bad. We ate "David" Enchiladas and watched American Idol. It was nice to have a mellow sit in the house and watch tv night after a crazy pull your hair out day. Thank goodness Jesse came to the rescue and I forgot to mention he brought home a harness for the dog so that I can take him out to pee with out him going over to my dads to see his doggy pals. :) That is the icing on the cake. Oh and another positive thing I found a candy bar that I had stashed away now that is one way to make a bad day that was a bad-er day a better one right?
This was the longest post from hell but I do feel better now.
7 comments:
Nat, just the thought of no sleep means it is a rough day! Arn't those "little" problems so fun to deal with. At least you can call your contractor and say fix it now!! Make sure they go up in and that there is no hidden water damage. Your kids are so cute. I think I will make David Enchiladas tonight. That sounds GOOD!
HOLY CRAP! it's days like that, that drive me to drink..........
Dr. Pepper. hehe chocolate works too.
now that is a day
Hey I know that you are going to laugh when I point this out on your bad-er day page but it is currently 2008, not 2007, silly!
I know those days to well. Especially the older kid picking on the younger making them scream and cry which makes you scream and cry to. Yea I have those days way too much. I love that song the "best day ever"
2008 - 2007 Whatever it was the worst day ever no matter the year. LOL LOL LOL OK I admit I just don't know what year it is.
I just thought you didn't know the day, I didn't realize that the year had slipped by you too! LOL Loves ya!
Post a Comment