Dad and the kids with his 1st fathers day presant.
I haven't take a picture of his new car yet. Yes I said new car finally!
1. He is my Prince Charming. I met him in May, and he swept me off my feet. I knew within 3 dates he was "the one" and we were engaged in June and married by that November. And all these year later he is still my prince charming. And though I am still a frog I hope one day to rise above the ashes and become his Cinderella. ;)
2. He spoils us rotten. He cleans, he cooks, he does homework, he repairs, he mows, he cleans up the kids messes when they are sick, (since I usually puke too) he does it all and doesn't complain. I don't think I have cleaned the bathrooms more than once in this new house. He gets up every Saturday morning and does every bathroom in the house while he lets me sleep in. He goes out of his was to help me in so many ways and to make sure I am sleeping even though the house falls apart and I feel guilty. He let me stay home for 10 yrs when I wanted to, and also let me go and get a job when I wanted to, too. He supports me in whatever I do. He just plain spoils me.
3. He has great values. He works hard and even when he has a bad week at work he leaves it at work. He doesn't come home and kick the dog or sit and sulk. He is honest in all that he does. He is a family man and puts the family first no matter what. He is a fantastic little computer nerd and has put his love for gadgets and talent for fixin' things to great use. He is a provider and would walk to then ends of the earth and work his fingers to the bone to provide for his family. He upholds his priesthood and he is the reason that I have a forever family.
4. He is the teacher and the calm parent. When I am at my whits end and yelling, which is always, he is the one that is the voice of reason. He is always the calm parent that gets down to business. If there is a kid in need of punishment then he gets to it. When he says "time out" you better get going. I just tend to scream and yell and threaten. Good thing we have him around to take care of business and keep us all on the path. He always takes time to find the little things in a situation to use it to teach the kids something. He makes it a point to spend time teaching them values that will be important for them as they grow. He is a great example and the kind of dad Heavenly Father would want him to be.
5. He leads his family by example. He doesn't just tell the kids how to be, he shows them. I would hope and dream that they will be more like him than like me. He just doesn't have that stubborn rebellious streak that I had and still have. They can watch their daddy to learn, how to treat people, how to work hard, how to do things, how to speak, how to pray, how to live, and how to love. He upholds his church callings and does them so well. I would go crazy with a bunch of rowdy 10 and 11 yr old boys every Sunday at church and every Wednesday at scouts, but they love him and learn so much from him. He does his callings 2x a week and of course never complains. And how great is has been for Jaden to have him there leading and teaching him in this way too.
6. He is cute. He was cute when I met him and gets cuter every day. He hates when I say this but I love seeing him change. I love every new wrinkle and every gray hair. (yes there are a few) I love every sign that we are growing old together and I do look forward to the days when we will be gray haired together sitting in our rockers watching the world. (or maybe hover chairs by then, since we have to have the latest gadgets LOL) Not that I want to get old to fast, but I am glad I have him to share it with.
7. He forgives our many flaws. He loves us each and everyone of us even with our many flaws. This kids I mean , for I have none. LOL LOL LOL Sure really. OK but, he really is so understanding of each child and and how they each do things differently and he doesn't compare them to each other or hold them to a certain standard based on the other etc. He loves them each as individuals and shows them what he loves about them.
8. He loves to spend time with us and takes us on little trips. He loves all of our little trips as much as I do. He loves to take a little time off and run off for the weekend to play and spend time as a family. We are always on the go and I love that. It would be so hard it one of us liked to travel and one didn't and I LOVE that he wants to spend this time together. Our kids are only little once and we really want to enjoy it as much as we can. Taking a few days to leave it all behind and just focus on family its our way. He doesn't even mind that we keep it cheap. (oh yeah I love his cheap miser ways too.) I know he doesn't really love my need to have parties and so many family events but he still puts up with that and tries to make the most of it. And even helps in the process of getting things ready and cleaned up too.
9. He still makes my heart all a flutter. 14 years later and I love him more all the time and when I hear him coming in the door from work I still get that little flip flop of the heart and butterflies in my stomach. I just love being together even when its just as simple as eating dinner with the family every night at the table or vegging out on the couch watching a good movie. I love that he makes me feel just as much and important part of his life as he did our wedding day.
10. He is super dad! He is so great to the kids, so patient, so loving, so sweet. He plays with them talks with them and makes time for them. They all get hugs and he tells them everyday he loves them. They are the luckiest kids in the world!
5 comments:
you have been tagged. Go to my blog to see what to do.
What a great guy.
You sure love and respect your man. You are lucky to have each other!
Very sweet, but as good of a father as he is, you are just as great of a mother and also a super friend. Love and hugs
sweet post! he sounds like a Gem! lucky girl!
that's so great! you've snagged one of the good ones. Hope he enjoys his new car...saving gas too!
Post a Comment