Monday, June 9, 2008

Charity, Blissful Sleep, and Just hanging out

This past weekend seems to have gone by in a blur, again. LOL

On Friday we went swimming for a fundraiser that was for my cousins son that has cancer.

It was so good to be able to go and donate and show our love and support for them.

But I also have to admit that we had soooooo much fun swimming.

It was a pool that we haven't been to before and it was a blast. I took a few pictures but on my dad's camera.

The swimming was from 9-11 pm. The kids were exhausted by the time we got home because it was midnight.

Put them to bed and then Jesse and I stayed up for a couple hrs watching dvd's of Battle Star Galactica. I am not a real sci-fi person but I am married to a geek. Since all the guys (computer nerds) he works with have been watching it he wanted to watch it too, so, I said ok go rent them. Have to admit they are better than I expected and I really have been enjoying them. And besides he watched ever last Alias episode with me during my Alias fetish. OK so he watched them 2x with me since I had to repeat them once it went off air and I was having with drawls. LOL

Anyway we were all so tired that when we woke up on Saturday morning it was 11:30 am. NOT even kidding you. I felt like such a lazy sloth but then thought: ya know what, I stay up and work late all the time and Jesse is stuck getting up all night with whatever kid or dog needs him, so, it is high time we all got a day to sleep in! Right?

Does anyone else feel guilty for sleeping? I totally do. Beat myself up for it all the time even when I have worked until 5 am I still feel bad for sleeping in. But, I have guilt and depression issues so it's no huge shock for me to beat myself up over these thing. Anyway any one else have sleep issues?

BUT oh my, the sheer bliss of a nice long sleep! The joy the joy! I remember the day... LOL Maybe I should attend charity functions more often. LOL I can not believe my kids slept that long.

Then we got up and cleaned like there was no tomorrow. So nice to get the house picked up. With the kids home from school this place it quickly becoming more than a zombie like me can handle. Plus it's a lot more to clean than the old house.

Then Jesse's sister invited us up for dinner. So sweet of her! The kids love her to death and haven't seen her for a while and they love going to her house. Got a few pictures here are my faves. She has a beautiful yard and my kids were happy to be on some grass for a change. (I know out time will come I know) Look how funny will was when I told him to smile.

Then worked Sat. night, got my primary lesson ready, and then at church Sunday I only had one kid to teach. Hum yeah so glad I put in so much effort. LOL No actually is was nice and she is a great listener. And it's not about the number of kids and she got extra treats too.

Then after church we went to my moms and ate. YUMMY YUMMY we made our own version of this chicken stuff that we get at a local restaurant. It was Grilled Chicken Breasts topped with sauteed onion rings, and bacon and cheese and BBQ sauce then melted in the oven on broil for about 5-10 min. I was soooo de-lish and ultra fabuloso! Have to make that again.

Then back to work again last night

Then this morning when I got up I felt like a sloth. Some days, on no sleep, I do ok, and some days like today, I do not do ok. I was irritable, grumpy and didn't want to do a thing. So I didn't, I didn't get not even one single thing done all day long. I suck rocks! Big ones! And to top is off I was the meanest mom in the world. Grumpy all day about everything. Poor kids.

And now I am back at work and hope that tomorrow will be a new day and that I will be much nicer a mom and perhaps even have an ounce of energy to move a little. LOL

2 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

ok busy busy!
now what do you do? i have never figured it out. email me, it's on my sidebar.

bummer about being tired,somedays, i don't function and i don't have work causing it. and sometimes ya need a day off. from doing household chores. and being the mom. i guess i should just say i feel ya! not fun.

dinner sounds oddly delightful. and
way cute pictures. love the faces kids make when you go to take a picture.

Amy said...

Loving the way cute picture of the kids! And I'm laughing because that shirt fits Will and Garyn relationship better than Caleb's and Carson's. And don't feel guilty for sleeping, its better than being miserable all the time.