Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My kids are ALL officially in School


My baby went to his 1st day of preschool today. I can't not believe that ALL of my kids are now school aged. It felt kinda freaky sending him off to school today. I drove away all alone just me and my dog in the car thinking that I felt really old. I am really a young mother, but there is something about having that last baby that last little child enter school that screams in your head "you are now a mother of school aged children" It's totally different than having babies at home. Oh well we all have to grow up at sometime. No matter how much I resist and no matter how much I don't want my kids to grow up. Dang it can't they all be 3 forever?

It's a good thing I am babysitting littler kids or I would probably be in meltdown over having no little babies around to entertain me. I love little kids they are so fun and so cute and also so demanding... maybe that is just it I don't know what to do with myself when I am not jumping to the whims of a toddler or baby. hehe
Here is my cutie little preschooler

No babysitting today so it was just me and my dog all alone for 2 whole hrs. What did we do for fun? Napped and tried to catch up sleep from the graveyard shifts of course. I didn't say I didn't have anything to do while he was gone. hehe
Just that my baby is getting all big and growing up to fast!






5 comments:

Tony and Karen said...

I feel the same way. I would love for my kids to stay three forever. Like this morning I come home from the store and there stands my three year old with a huge grin and a big hug like I had been gone for days. I am dreading her going to school.

oda41143 Missy said...

I had the same feelings this year. Cooper is in all day 5 day a week school now. On my day off, I am alone. For a brief, very brief moment, I wanted another child. Then, I snapped back into reality! He's so cute!

jEn paiGe said...

What cute pictures! Thanks for watching Zack all of the time, I think it was a lot easier for him to get used to leaving me, than it was for me! See you soon.

Marylynn said...

That is crazy that Will is in Pre-school. Maybe you should have another one! J/K I have Bella in 2 different pre-schools so I get to spend a lot of time with Jenna and it's amazing how quite she is when the other kids aren't around.

crystal said...

It IS weird that our kids are all growning up! New phases of life leave me feeling disoriented.

Cute front stoop, by the way!
xoxo