Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Cold stinking day, but my windows arrived! & Pioneer Thankfulness!

The kids and a cousin IN the framed fireplace. I told them not to make a habit of hanging out in the fireplace or they might get burned up. LOL It was so stinking cold they probably wished there really was a fireplace already.
And we have a roof! Jesse can sleep in peace tonight and stop tearing his skin off his hands stressing out about the possibility of it snowing in the house. Sweet Dreams Baby!
They joy of my day, WINDOWS! Seeing as how most of the house is windows I was thrilled to see them arrive today. I did however think that the ones for the front of the house had grids in them.... hum, guess I better be checking that one out.

This was such a cold day today! I was way tired because I am a sucker and can never say "NO" so I ended up staying on late to work and didn't get to bed until 4 am. I love my job! I still can't believe I get to work at home and actually get paid to play online when it is dead. It's a cool gig! Anyway since I was tired and it was so cold (heaters are broken) I just wanted to stay in bed all day. But I didn't :) I got up and actually got some stuff done including 2 batches of laundry. WOO HOO for me. I drove by the house on my way to take Garyn to preschool and the framers were there putting on the rest of my roof. I wanted to drive back over later but it was just too cold. So instead I had a nap. Then when Jesse got home he honked in the drive way and put me in his warm car and drove me over to see how far they had gotten. I was excited to see the progress on the roof and bonus room, but can you imagine my surprise when I walked into the garage and saw this pile up of windows? It made trumping out into the cold with 4 kids worth every cold breath!

It has come to this , a good day is getting windows piled up in the garage. I look forward to all the days and years ahead looking out these windows and watching my kids and someday grand kids playing in the yard, watching my baby girl drive off on her 1st date, pacing the floor looking out these same windows waiting for them to come home from dates and eventually for family dinners and holidays, and all that life will bring both happy and sad. I will for the rest of my life be looking out these same windows at the spectacular view around me and marveling the blessings that I have all because more than 150 years ago my great great great great grandmother packed up everything she had into a wagon and walked thousands of miles to bring her family to a place this beautiful to raise her family where they could worship god in peace and then their families, and so on, and so forth, so that I can now raise my family 7 generations later in this very place! Thank you Caroline! and Grandma! and especially Mom too! Because of you, I finally have a place to call my home! I hope the Lord will give me the strength and help I need to raise my children with as much Faith as they.

2 comments:

oda41143 Missy said...

Your home is already beautiful. I love the windows. They are so pretty and look at those cute kiddos!!!

Amy said...

Loving the house! I might need to move in because we'll probably get kicked out of Ivins because we have a business or something! Bunch of psychos that live here...