Sunday, December 30, 2007

Garyns Birthday 5 yrs goes by in a flash!

I can't believe my little man is already 5 years old! How did that happen. He is my best Christmas Present ever! It seems like this last Christmas that we were sending the 2 big kids home with family in anticipation of his birth. He was due Christmas Day and that is my fault for saying out loud after a few years of trying to get pregnant and to plan it for spring: "I don't care when I have a baby as long as I finally get one and it isn't Christmas Day" Well it wasn't Christmas day but the day after.



Now its my turn to brag about my Little cutie pie! A mom can do that every now and then and what better time than Birthday time. Named after both his Grandfathers, he came into this world big and happy at 8lbs 2 oz. With eyes as black as coal that could melt even the coldest herat. I could have sworn in that 1st day of his life that I saw him smile, and he hasn't stopped since. He was a happy baby, that loved to be snuggles and held and he is still a happy happy child. He loves to play and to have fun. He is eager to help and has a special talent for making people laugh. He is going to be the class clown some day. I can picture the phone calls now "Mam, Garyn is a really fun child BUT he is a little disruptive"



He started to get curly hair within his first year and has kept it. He has always gotten attention from strangers everywhere we go. He just has a way of drawing attention. I think he has been proposed to about 10 times already. He also started with his "I want to play with your ears" FREAKY Fetish as a baby too. He is such a delight and has been such a fun kid to have. He is a great little brother and a fun big brother too. Even though he gets pretty rough sometimes. He loves being a boy, getting muddy, playing with trucks, attacking you out of the blue, computer and video games, and especially Thomas the train! I love this little boy so much! And I am so thankful for his special way of making me smile even when I am mad or sad. He has been such a blessing to our lives and I am so lucky to have him.



A few pictures to celebrate the past 5 years:

3 comments:

oda41143 Missy said...

All of your kids are beautiful, but there is something about Garyn that makes me want to eat his face off. I really wish you would just mail him to me so that he and Cooper could be best friends.

Kara P said...

Now, Stop that! Dang it!! Those pics made me get all teary!! Ladies... that is my ADOREABLE nephew and I too could just eat him up! To this day he is just cute and fun and funny! He can sit and talk with kids and grownups alike, and fits in with any crowd

I'm pretty sure that Garyn is your "thank you" blessing for all the work you have to put in to the "pill". You love them all the same amount, but it nice to have a "breather" kid around that just lets you enjoy being a mom! (Jada!)

Speaking of proposals... do you think there will EVER be a girl that qualifies for the Gare-Bear? Do you think she'll know how LUCKY she is???

Amy said...

I can't believe how big all your kids are getting! The one where you are all sitting in front of the fireplace is a shock. They seem to have grown up overnight! Make them stop because that means that mine are growing up too! Happy Happy birthday Garyn dear...