Does this look the face of TROUBLE to you?
Well, It does to me and to Grandma too!
So I packed up some mashed potatoes and headed on over. The big kids were already there because they sneak into her car in the parking lot. (I bet she has days that she wishes we didn't live so close) I don't think Will was in her house for 5 minutes before he started getting into things. He got out the broom and was "sweeping" which is code for banging on things and knocking stuff all over the place, he pulled off a whole roll of toilet paper, found one of her many, many, candy stashes, ate the candy and spit some out, then got into her lipstick. Oops! That was the last straw. She called him some fun names that only Helen can get away with and threatened to lock us all up in a cage. LOL (I am so my mom! I say all the same things) I admit fully that when he got the lipstick I wasn't watching him because I was dealing with the big kids crisis of the moment, so don't judge. :)
So then, my new neighbor that is also building a house right now about 500 yards down the road stopped by to bring me a lighting book and wanted to do a swap walk through of our houses. I wasn't going to miss that opportunity. So I took Will with me while we walked through our house and by then he was freezing cold. So when I went back to jump in her car to go to her house I left Will at Grandmas with Samantha watching him. I was walking through my neighbors BEAUTIFUL house when here comes Jesse and Samantha to look at it too. Um.... yeah no Will. So I say "Where is Will?" and Jesse says "At your moms and she wants to kill him." Um, thanks Samantha, for watching him so well and forgetting that you are watching him. So we do a quick look through, drool a lot, then put our tongues back into our mouths, and run back to save Grandma.
What do we find? Grandpa and Will standing in the front yard picking up things with grabber sticks. So like an idiot I ask "What ya doin" and Grandpa says "Well, we have been banished from the house because Will is into all of Grandmas stuff and she is as mad as a hatter."
HA HA HA HA HA OK so I know that I am totally mean to be laughing but I find it so funny because when I am at my whits end with this child it is always Grandma that tells me to "relax and let him live a little"
To that I say...... "Oh really!? Yeah sure as long as it is my house he is destroying." and all in all I am just happy that he is busy and curious and into things these days, because doing damage control and picking up after him is small potatoes compared to the days when he is sick and crying and clinging all day long. And I don't think Grandma will be rescuing us again anytime soon.
Survey says: I would rather have a busy healthy child
than a crying sick one!
p.s. for any wondering, I take him back this week to run more blood tests, but he has been doing much better anyway.
2 comments:
Oh Willy!
Like he's the FIRST kids to get into Grandma's lipstick. I'm sure he just got the residual anger from the time that Necia, Jaden and Anya did the lipstick AND powder thing in her room!
I remember THAT day pretty well. The moms were in more trouble than the kids!
He's soooo cute though.
Post a Comment