Saturday, December 15, 2007

My fish bowl that I call life, is crowded and dirty!

Wow what a week. Do you ever feel like you live in a fish bowl that is dirty and crowded with crazy fish that keep spitting on you? That would describe my week.

It just seems that I have something going everyday but yet I get to Friday and look back and think... "Did I get anything done?" Why is it that I have such a hard time, seeing a stack of clean dishes, a group of happy primary girls with plates full of cupcakes, kids bathed and fed, (and still alive to tell another tale I might add), churches decorated for family parties, 35 middle of the night hours worked, church lessons prepared and taught, and so on and so forth as accomplishments? I still feel like nothing ever gets done. It just always feels like I am swimming in circles in this dirty little fish bowl with my kids throwing stuff on me, and at me all the time. Do this do that blah, blah ,blah.

On a much happier note I did get my flooring picked out for the house and it was oh so painless. The sales girl was so helpful to me in my indecisive ways. I am so happy with my findings that I am simply giddy with excitement! And here is my latest picture of the state of the house. Notice Jesse and the kids in the window-less window areas. Just had to note that I am not the only excited one here. ;)

We do finally now have the windows in the holes. Yea, a novel idea keeping the snow out of the house instead of in. This week we even have all the plumbers, electricians, and HVAC guys there working hard. :) WOO HOO our 4 way is next Friday.


The best $850 bucks I ever spent!!! It only cost me $850 more to have my bonus room (space above the garage) lifted 2 feet. Look at how nice it made this space. Now, that is a room fit for some family parties! I love it and we have now decided to finish it. I did however bargain with Jesse that I will give up my porch railing (that I wasn't sure I even wanted) in exchange for finishing this FABULOUS party room. :) Now that was worth it, right?

The well drillers still have a broken rig and we are STILL waiting for them to get it fixed and come drill our well. So we have a 1/2 finished house and still have no water. So that means the poor cows are still waiting patiently everyday for someone (usually my poor dad) to haul water over from my mom and dads house for them. See how they line up at the fence waiting? Poor things! But that is a whole other story.


Just because I haven't posted a picture of the back of the house. Complete with the Honey Bucket (port a potty) that Samantha just can't get over and that Garyn thinks is so cool because it is a bathroom outside . HA! HA! He is a crack up I tell ya!


And here is Jesse draining Lake Jensen from the front yard. We got a lot of snow/moisture and of course if puddled right in front of the house. I love my little swamp land! My own personal Navoo. :) Here is a picture of Lake Jensen so you can see that it is really a lake!




And lastly, Samantha at our Primary Party decorating cupcakes. Mantha is the best part of having this calling: Getting to teach these 12 amazing little girls is great, but getting to connect with my one and only daughter in a fun, social, and spiritual way through our activities and lessons is priceless and makes every hour of my volunteer time worth it. I actually look forward to planning and holding your weekday activities. It makes my Wednesdays so sweet. Even if it is sometimes a hectic mess. :) But with me, who would expect anything less? LOL Mess, is my middle name, after all.

2 comments:

oda41143 Missy said...

Awesome pictures. You are such a wonderful mom and you do tons so don't allow yourself to think that you get nothing done. I could never work the house that you do. I have to ask, what kind of 4 WAY are you and Jesse participating in? My mind is roaming!!

Nat Nat said...

Ha Ha Ha! Guess I should have said 4 way INSPECTION. Its the inspection of the framing, plumbing, HVAC, and electrical. Keep that mind of yours inside the fence cuz, aint no-body needs to have that scary image in thier heads. LOL Heaven help us all!