Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Sometimes there is a little flicker of hope

My sometimes charming and loving oldest children, that never cease to amaze me, with there strong spiritual core. I know that they will have to be tough to make it in today's world. I pray they have continued strength and seek help from each other all their lives.


Do you ever feel like you just aren't getting through to your kids and then they totally out of the blue hit you with something amazing! Well that happened to me today.


I always try to make a big deal out of Christmas being centered on Christ and I always make a big fuss about how much I love Santa because he wants up to always remember the gift that Christ gave to us. We talk every year about Santa being a symbol of Christmas and of how much Santa loves Jesus and how he wants us to remember the gift or eternal life that we have because of our savior and how on Christmas morning as we open presents we need to remember Jesus Christ. I guess it actually seems to be sinking in so far. I still believe very much in the symbol of Santa! My favorite Christmas book is “I Believe in Santa”, it is a relation of the symbol of Santa in Christmas and of Christ, the reason of Christmas. I love it!!! I have to do a post about Jadens mysterious letter that took me by surprise but that is a whole other heart warming story.


Today's is this: And yes I was eavesdropping but not on purpose, I just happened to be within hearing distance as I was doing my morning struggle to greet the new day. They were both in the bathroom at the mirror getting ready not the usual bickering going on, and I hear Jaden say "Samantha, what would you do if Santa didn't come this year?"


And with out even thinking about it she replies right back "Well, then I would just be thankful for all the stuff I already have."


And the best part is Jaden's response to her "Oh, that is a good answer." as if she had just passed some kind of test he was giving her. It made my heart skip a beat or two to hear them being so grateful. I almost fell out of be at that point. LOL They aren't exactly little tots anymore and I hope that they can always remember that Christmas isn't about the stuff but about the love for Jesus Christ. I hope and pray that Christmas will always have the magic for them that it does for me. I Believe! I yes I do know I am still a kid.


How I like to picture Santa and his love for Christ:
Am I nuts?

1 comment:

oda41143 Missy said...

You are nuts, but it has nothing to do with Santa and Christ. You are such a wonderful mommy!!