Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Fish Heads, Fish Heads, Rolly Polly Fish Heads! ~ My Tuesday Tell All


Isn't that like a Dr. Demento song? Well that describes my life these days. I promise if you read this you will understand why. Though it is a little gross. That is your warning.


OK so since we are in the middle of building a new house and still living in a way too small for my family (especially since mom is a pack rat) old farm house we are in a mess. When I say a mess that is putting it lightly. I swear people, we have redefined the word filth! I feel like I have to houses to keep up on and I am not any good at keeping up on one. As soon as the kids get home from school we run over to the new house and also feed the cows while there, then we usually leave in just enough time to grab some food, (don't know when I cooked last) and head home just in time for me to eat before gong into the den of solitude to "work" for the night) It is getting crazy!


I have been trying to pack during the day but with the Trollz at home with me that isn't going to swell. And as for the outside.... lets just say this: I admit it I still have Christmas lights and my Christmas wreaths on the fence. Well some of them, some have blown off and are lying on the grass. Yes we are WAY STINKING BEHIND!!!!


So with all of this more than our usual chaos dear hubby decides that he doesn't care about the fish tank any more. The freaking huge fish tank, that use to be his pride and joy, and that is consequently placed front and center when anyone comes to visit. (please try to remember that the placement of hear said tank is because it is USUALLY Beautiful!) He says "It will be too hard to move with all the water so I am going to let some evaporate before the move and then I will get it all fixed up again" hum...


It has been gradually getting uglier and uglier as time goes on. Yup sure enough the water started to evaporate and the remaining water well lets just say "pond scum" would be a great description. And then the fish start dying. These are some big fish too that have been in there for years. And once you loose one large size fish it toxins the water and then they all die in a matter of about 24 hrs. OH yummy! I need to add here that it is fully against my moral beliefs, or rather my gag reflex, to touch the dead fish even with a net, (as if a little fish net were going to do the job) So in the a.m. I hear splashing water and look over at the tank that is at this point only about 1/3 full and see them all dying. YUCKY!!! So I just decide that we aren't going into the front room until daddy can come home and bravely scoop the fish up. By the time we got home that night they already stunk. So he ever so bravely get his cup and scoops up all the stupid bodies and where does he put them?


Oh yes right on the front lawn. Thank goodness we live in the country!!! And thank goodness we have 4 cats of our own and about 4 farm cats that stock us daily for free food. I am sure they thought it was a Sea Food Buffet. So the next day, the kids go out the door to school, and what do they see?? Fish Heads, Fish Heads, Rolly Polly Fish Heads! all lined up on the porch! Gotta love how cats want to show you how wonderful they are for what they have uhm "caught" for lack of a better word.


And here is me thinking (edited here for the swearing that was really going on in my head) "You stupid lazy a$5 cats! You sit out here all day waiting for your free dang food and then you finally go hunting, and you can only come up with are already dead fish off the lawn and then you actually bring us the rotten disgusting fish heads? Great job hunting guys!" Worthless d@*n cats!!! I kicked the heads our by the field and next day they brought them back AGAIN! Stupid cats! I had Jaden put them in the trash this time. Samantha thinks she is going to die!


Seriously I don't know who is worse the Cats for their lame-O hunting skills? OR the Hubby for his lame-O fish disposal skills!? Or the wife who is still lame-O complaining when he is building her a new house? LOL


And then there is the other matter of the frozen dead bunny!? And dear hubby of mine if you don't get that one taken care of I might just take pictures and blog it too!? What is this pet cemetery? UGH UGH UGH I want a normal life back!


Sorry kids, I am SO giving up pets for a while!!

Have you ever had something get this far out of control?

5 comments:

Kara P said...

hahahahahahahaha!

And here I was thinking that the litter box in my house was a problem! YOU WIN!!!

ICK!
Go Cats!!!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow! yeah my house totally is out of control you are not alone. gross on the fish heads. super grody. good luck with that. and whoohoo farm life is so cool. but house pets when mom doesn't have the stomach for them is just a plain bad idea. i'm not a fan. our turtle bloated and died. and stunk up the whole house. it was so gross we had to throw away the tank. EWWW. good luck moving. and EWWW cats are gross.

Amy said...

Oh my gosh, I can't quit laughing! HAHAHAHAHA! That is so funny! You totally made my day....

oda41143 Missy said...

Do you need me to send Robert over to kill your cats?????? Remember his sweet skills.

crystal said...

Moving is very hard on the mom. I KNOW, BECAUSE WE'VE MOVED EVERY 2 YEARS for all 12 years we've been married.

(insert swear words here)

I was actually dry-heaving while reading your post, because:
1) I'm pregnant and just READING about smelly fish tanks grosses me out
2) I hate fish tanks even when I'm not pregnant. Ew.
3) Dead fish on the lawn!
4) Cats eating dead fish.
5) Cats bringing you fish heads.
6) Smelly fish water.