Monday, February 25, 2008

Man Vs. Wild, Adventures in House Land

The house is almost done, which means that I will soon be done blogging about it all the time. I am thankful to all my Friends that understand that this is what we are doing right now and that it has consequently become what I tend to blog about most. But I am trying to keep a record of the events and excitement for our family. This weekend we painted Jaden's and Samantha's rooms and today we got carpet. WOO HOO! Isn't that a sign that the end is near?

But mostly I have to tell about Jaden's experience as Man Vs. Wild
Today Jaden had quite the scary moment. We took the kids over to look at the new carpet. And I swear I told them a million times to say in the house because it is SOOOO MUDDY over there right now. We have had so much snow in Utah this winter and it is now melting. Our contractor dug a trench with a backhoe from the Well to the house to hook up our water. This is about a 3 foot deep trench I am talking about here. The melting snow and mud it all running toward the trench and it is completely full. We have been joking with our contractor that he is going to need scuba gear to put in the water line. This is a lot of water. Jesse just told Jaden when they were feeding the cows "DO NOT COME OUT HERE, there is a deep trench of water"
So like 20 min. later Jaden decides we wants a drink from the well and he puts on the mud boots to walk out to get a drink. Samantha and Garyn were following him too. From the surface it just looks like the entire yard is muddy and puddles. So he walks straight into the trench and falls in. YIKES! The kids start screaming and poor Jaden doesn't realize that he can just stand up. He said "All I could thing about was the episode of Man Vs. Wild where he was showing how to get out of a frozen lake." Bless his heart he had no idea how deep it was and he thought he had fallen into the well. (even though you can not fall into our well. It is only 9 inches wide pipe and it is sealed off) But he didn't know that. So he finally climbs out the side of the trench and then if freaking out because he thought he lost grandpas mud boots. So he retrieved the boot and comes to the house to tell us what happened. We are so mean and we couldn't stop laughing because he was so muddy. And yes of course I took a picture. He as very upset but we calmed him down and warmed him up. Poor Kid. I bet he won't be wandering around the yard for a while. And I bet I won't be letting them outside the house until that trench is drained and covered back up. I am lucky he didn't lead Garyn into it that would have been really deep for a 5 yr old.
The carpet came today, it is called "Whole Wheat" I love it of course.
My Camera batteries were dying to the pictures aren't very good.
Over the weekend we painted in the kids rooms. We had the painters do most the house and painted the bedrooms white and then we just went in and did accent paint. This is Jadens room we did Navy Blue bottom half with chair rail. Jesse did a great job especially for his first time putting up chair rail or molding. I love how it looks with the carpet.
Samantha's room is awesome!
Nikki came over and spent all day Saturday with me glazing the walls pink. Then Sunday we had my brothers Kenton and Thad come over and add another layer of pink and they helped finish the blue room. I was glad they were there to play power tools with Jesse. Aunt Heather (Thad's wife) and Samantha also got to help add more of the glazing. It is just enough pink and Little Miss Samantha Montana it THRILLED!!
She can't wait to add all her Hannah Montana Decor to it.

Just had to throw this picture in here. I thought is was so cute. I keep finding little notes written in the dust all over the house. In cupboards on the counter tops and this one on the stove top. Samantha is so excited about getting the house done. When the contractor comes across these little notes he tells me where they are so that I can get pictures. It is really cute of her. Yesterday while we were painting her Uncle Kenton told her that she should write a note and put it under the carpet so that whenever we pull the carpet up to change it she will have a note from her 9yr old self. Kinda like a time capsule. So she did it. It was so cute it says some of her favorite things like her favorite foods, color (pink duh), sports, shows, and etc. But the funny part was this:

"I am Samantha my room is the pink one, I am 9 because I was born in 1998 it is now 2008 February the 24th and it is 8:15 pm, so I better hurry and get this done because the carpet is coming tomorrow." She is a doll!! She colored a picture and put it all into a zip lock baggy and we went over and put it under the carpet pad in her closet. The carpet guys probably thought we were nuts, but my contractor was nice and said it was a cute idea. Thanks Uncle Kenton for the great idea. She was very excited about it! I wish I would have had time for them all to make one.
Man, this was a long one, but it has been a very long weekend. Not to mention a very Sh*#y one! Will, will not leave his diapers on and he has diarrhea and keeps leaving surprises on the floor. UGH! He did it at Grandmas last night while we were finishing the painting!!! UGH UGH UGH! SO Missy may be Pi$sed off but my Sh*#Y weekend beats her! LOL KIDS! I finally got to the point that I taped across the diaper straps but he still got if off so now he is wearing PJ's with the top of the zipper safety pinned shut. OK I am finally done thanks for reading about my Crazy life it is no wonder I feel like a tornado all the time!!

3 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

way exciting! carpet is one of the last things. whoohoo for you. i'm sure you are super thrilled. cute time capsule idea. and fun little notes around in the dust. way scary with the trench. and yes better a bigger kid. than your younger one. still scary but less tragedy. thanks for stopping by and your kind thoughts. love the paint job too in the kids rooms. how fun you ahve all of this documented.

oh and huge bummer on the diaper bandit. that is never fun,especially with diarrhea.YUCKY!

oda41143 Missy said...

Girl, you had better start packing your stuff cause YOU'RE MOVING!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooo excited for you. On a serious note, on our local news I saw where an 11 year old little boy fell and hit his head and drowned in an oil thingy in a car garage. There was like 3 feet of water, but where he hit his head he drowned.

Amy said...

I love the color of your carpet. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I can't wait to come up and see your house! Maybe I should come up during spring break and help you move! I have no plans so I should come visit...hmmm what a great idea!