Tuesday, June 24, 2008

WOW up and off my butt and Photo Story Friday - Monday

Today was a pretty great day and I was actually up and off my butt which was a good thing. Some days I feel like I am such a zombie. I work until 4:30, 5 or like last night almost 6am then I sleep in and then fight with the kids about cleaning the pig-stye, and by then I want to either nap or veg or sit in my rocker on the porch and watch the kids play outside and I don't have much energy until later in the evening. I am quickly becoming a charity case which I hate and love all at the same time but that is another post entirely. For today let's just say thanks to my hubby for dragging my sorry as$ up and making me get out and go somewhere. We had a fabulous day!!!
Jesse was able to be working from home around lunch time so we loaded the kids up and headed to Taco Time for some crisp bean burritos, that we took to the park. The kids had a blast playing and the big kids roller bladed around. Garyn makes friends so easily, and within minutes of getting there he has a crowd of kids following him around the park playing with him. And little Will just tagging along pretending he IS as big as he THINKS he is. LOL It was really nice, and I am really glad I got off my butt and went. Then when we got home Jesse went back to work and the kids went out and played in the little pool that I bought them Saturday. I don't know why I do this to myself every year. I think they need a pool to get wet in. (especially this year because of having no yard yet) Then I get irritated with all the wet clothes all over the patio, the house, and the in and out all day long. Anyway they did have fun "swimming" if that is what you call it in 2 ft of water. hahahaha

And then tonight for FHE we did a last minute trip up the canyon and had tinfoil dinners. This was really fun for the kids and it was such nice weather up there. Even got a little chili as the sun was setting.

Here are the kid sitting by the fire waiting for the brickets to get hot enough to cook on.
Will was still asleep in the van at this point.
(Samantha playing the chair guitar. LOL)

Garyn just being cute


Samantha was the 1st one down to the water
Tend Setter! hahaha Does she not know that Will will follow her?

Will and Jaden on the bridge (still dry)


And here is a little Photo Story for you since I always miss Cecily's Photo Story Friday (I am off Fridays) I am cheating just a little here by being late. Who? Me? Never!


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


This is Will.
He is on the river bank just playing in the dirt. Look at happy Will.
Mom says "Will, stay up here and don't get wet. It's too cold"

"K, I play dirt" Will says "No water"






This is Will way, way, down at the bottom of the river bank. Too far, for one tired, and old, fat momma, to go. He stands right on the edge of the water, NOT in the water, and he throws rocks. Good boy Will. What a good dry boy.

Do you think Will can stay on the edge?










OH NO! Look at Will go.

This is Jaden trying to catch Will as he runs giggling and screaming down the river. Look at Will go! Look at Will get very wet and very cold!

Look at Jaden fall on his butt. Look at Jaden get very wet and very cold. Poor Jaden. Poor poor helpful brother. Poor wet and cold Jaden.








What is this? This is Will.
He stands on the side of the fire and cries because he is wet and cold.
Look at Will. Sad, sad, messy, Will.
It's not fun to disobey mommy!

Poor Will, he hates when Mommy told him so.


4 comments:

Marla said...

I still have no idea how you survive on no sleep. That is crazy. I love those spur of the moment trips. They are a lot of fun.

oda41143 Missy said...

Glad you had some quality family time. Love the photo story. Your kids crack me up!! They are so like there mom.

Cecily R said...

So sorry I didn't get your comment until today! For some reason your comments don't get e-mailed to me!

You can do your PSF on Thursdays if it works better. Just e-mail me and I'll sign you into the link list.

This is a great PSF entry! That Will is a cute little character!!

Kara P said...

Any you EXPECTED your two-year old to stay nice and dry on the bank??
Hilarious! Jaden Rocks! What a good brother. Very cute pics.