Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday Cleaning and actually doing some unpacking

OK so let's just start by saying this story has a very gross part and you may not want to read it if you are squeamish. That is your fair warning.

So we moved into the new house in like March and we loaded everything into the garage. We built a huge garage and we managed to fill it completely full with CRAP! Mostly crap that we probably don't need but that I have to keep because I am a hoarder. I admit it I have a problem with throwing things away. I just always am like but I might need this, blah blah etc. Partly we have been really enjoying the clutter free house and part of the problem is a lot of what is in the garage is storage items that we just don't need in the house. Like millions of baby clothes that I want one of my SIL's to have but they aren't even prego yet and I can't throw them out because they are still useful etc. And because that makes me admit that I am done having kids and I hate that too. So I have this total problem hording things. UGH! So mad I forgot to bet a picture of the garage before we started so that I could show just how much stuff was in there. It was scary!!

Anyway when we 1st tried to bring that cats over from the old house we put them in the garage so they wouldn't get lost. MY STUPID IDEA!!! And by the next morning our brand new garage already stunk like cat pee. Then a few weeks ago the stupid little dog was in there over night and stunk it up more. Anyway it just kept getting more stinky every day. Jesse said "oh it's from the animals." but I could have sworn it smelled like something dead. I started to wonder if one of the missing cats had actually gotten in there and died. Yes it was that stinky to me.

So (and this is the gross part and totally embarrassing but it's life) today when we go out to start unpacking and moving things Jaden looks on the floor by the freezer and says "Mom what is this stuff it looks gross and really stinks" So I ask what it looks like and he says a bunch of dead bugs or something. NOPE it was rotten dried up hamburger. And that was only the beginning. Apparently the kids when getting something out of the freezer let a package of hamburger drop down the side between the freezer and the garage steps. It thawed out and then went rotten. And that wasn't the worst of it. It was infested with maggots. EEEEWWWWW Poor Jesse got the delight of cleaning that up. It was nasty! I still feel like I need another bath. UGH! We had to pull out the freezer and clean underneath it and it was just plain not fun.

But on a brighter note we got so much done! We sorted, tossed (yes I threw stuff away miracles do happen), organized, hauled to the basement. (aka crawl space) I brought a book case and several boxes of scrapbook stuff into my office to put away. Filled the upstairs hall closets with blankets. And brought in about 3 totes of clothes for the little boys rooms. Stuff that was Jaden's that will now fit them. Nice huh? It was great to get some stuff done out there. Oh and we also put up some shelves by the back steps where the kids will each have a shelf for back packs and etc. Since back to school is approaching way to fast.

Speaking of back to school. I just spent way too much money getting them clothes in the bargain bin at Old Navy.com But we got some ultra cute things and some mega great deals. Especially since I had a 20% off of clearance coupon code that I found online. NICE!

And the best part of the day...... Jesse's car fits into the garage. Why isn't my car in the garage?you may ask. Well that's because I am driving the van now remember? And Jesse drives a match box car so it wasn't as hard to make room for his. LOL If I get ambitious I may take a picture.

Lame Post and totally gross but that is what we did today. How about you? Have a good Saturday?

8 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow that is TOTALLY GROSS! BUT good thing is i thought it could be your whole freezer stinky and thawed out. SO, only a pack of hamburgers is Gross but not As bad! yay for any car in the garage. and whoohoo for purging, and throwing things away! i am a hoarder too. so i know how hard that is. GOLD STAR FOR YOU! WHOOHOO KUDOS! WAY TO GO!

Kara P said...

I AM IMPRESSED!
Do photos of the cleanliness!!!

We have to prove that it is possible for us to make a clean spot!!! (Not photo-ing my garage... nu-uh!)

Amy said...

WAY TO GO! I know that it has been bugging you for a while. Did you find anything that you were missing?

Cooper Urmston said...

natalie. i love you blog. havent been on for a while. love your life. love your new house, kids, and dogs. love being friends with you. leslie

Ker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ker said...

Like I said last night. eeeeeeeWWWWWWWWWW
Anyway, good for you on purging, it's hard but it's always a good feeling when you're done! As I'm posting you're on a mandatory work break...it's almost 2am. UGH

Sunny said...

OH man I hate it when there are stinky things hiding...WAY TO GO on getting it clean...I have been in the middle of cleaning and paint my garage for almost a month now....HAHAHA.

Take Care!!
Hope your loving the summer fun
Sunny

Emy5 said...

Sorry about the stinky hamburger! But way to go on the unpacking. Sounds like you got a lot done and made space for a car. Brilliant!