Sunday, August 31, 2008

Beauty And The Beast!



This week we went to see the play Beauty and the Beast, with my Mom for her 63rd birthday! The kids loved it. It was extra special because we know so many of the people in the play... My sister has 5 kids (all of them girls by the way). And this summer they auditioned and 4 of the kids plus her and her hubby were in the play. What a fun way to spend time together as a family huh!? Her 16 yr old didn't try out because she was busy with Drill Team. Both my sister and her hubby were Drama Majors and there is major Drama at their house on a regular basis. With that many girls can you imagine? LOL Here are some pictures that we snapped of the play. If you would like to tell them how Fabulous they look hop on over to her blog here.

Erika the youngest of the 5 girls.

The cousins checking Erika's costume after the show.

She is the most adorable sugar spoon I have ever seen!

Necia was a plate. She had to dance.. even with a huge plate strapped to her. She is the Same age as Jaden and so I cousin Anaya, so we got a 12yr olds picture with the plate.

The 14 yr old was a rug. She is a fabulous rug. She hides in this thing and really brings it to life. It has to kill her arms keeping them stretched out the whole time like that. Man can this girl dance. She is mondo talented and is just plain fabulous! Here she is inside the rug getting sat on by the plate sister. LOL And here is the fabulous rug showing us her pretty face and posing by the freaky gargoyles that are her friends. GO JADA! You rock girl!

And this is the next sister that didn't do the play because she has been busy all summer with Drill Team. But I had to put this cute picture of her with Garyn since she is so cute and hey being there to cheer the rest of the family on is a pretty big job. Garyn loves Sierra, she has always had a way with kids. She is going to be supermom some day.

Here is Kaila she is the oldest of the 5 girls. She was cast as a silly girl. And in this blond wig and dress she says she is more of a floozy girl. LOL Well here she is with out the floozy wig and yup pretty hot huh!? She is one of the funnest teenagers I have ever known. She is an absolute beautiful and fun girl. UGH! It freaks me out that this is her senior year. YIKES!!! LaFou, Garyn, and Kaila the Silly Girl

I have to say that who ever this kid is that played LaFou was amazing! He did such a great job. He was my favorite one, other than my family that is. Garyn thought he was "funny" so we had to get a picture with him too.

And now for the Parents:

The Mom: Here's my sister. She has directed plays for about as long as I can remember. She is a drama teacher and the kids love her. She is one of the best teachers in the whole county. And this year she decided to come out of the directors chair and be "in" a play. She played Madame de la Grande Bouche aka the wardrobe, or as Garyn says "the dresser" She did such a great job. I just feel bad I got her in her human clothes and didn't get a single picture of her in her dresser. Crap!
The Dad... in full stage make up hehehe! Can you tell Garyn was really getting into these character pictures? Here he is with Uncle Steve a.k.a. Gaston! HOLY MOLY did he do a great job. WOW and WOW he was amazing. I have to say I have seen him in many plays but this was his best roll yet. And he is up there dancing and singing and you would never in a million years have looked up on that stage and thought he was a 40 something yr old dad of 5 kids.


Samantha with Belle who was played by a girl also named Samantha. Sorry no picts of the beast he didn't have his costume on afterwards.

Garyn was having a total blast getting pictures with the characters. He loved the gargoyles and thought they were "cool" and he kept having a fit about getting a picture with Belle so we went back and got one. I think he thought she was cute. He was acting all shy which is not like him. LOL His Belle picture is at the top.

If you read this whole thing you deserve a prize... go to your kitchen and find some chocolate. LOL

4 comments:

Annie said...

How fun to read your blog and catch up! Found yours on Kims. I do read SUnny's regularly - she's much better about blogging than me. I am a slacker!
Oh - and I'm off to the kitchen for some chocolate.... :)

Marla said...

That is way cool! It looks really fun. My friend from Santaquin invited us down to go to it with them but we could not and now she told me that it was sold out when they got there. That is pretty awesome.
I had some chocolate thanks!

Emy5 said...

So nice that this could be a family event. I love shows!

Can't have that chocolate today, cos I just ate cheesecake!

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow what a cool play! and so fun to take the whole herd to go see it! love all the costumes. they looked like they loved it! how fun to have such a talented family and to be able to all do the show together. DARLING!

Happy birthday to your mom!