Honestly I have no idea how I got a kid that is such a strong young man. He has an amazing ability to choose the right. And he worries about his loved ones when they makes choices that he knows are not right. (believe me, I have had many a lessons from him about not swearing. LOL) And even though I still am not old enough for him to be 12 I am very very proud of him. The day they ordained him we all got a chance to tell him how we feel about him and his choices. It was so cool. There was such a special spirit in the room with us. I wish I would have written down all the nice things people said to him. He was beaming from ear to ear.
This last Sunday he was able to serve the Sacrament. He was once again so nervous that he would do something wrong. Of course he did just fine. He did giggle a little when he got to his best friends row. He said "Kaden and his mom were trying not to laugh so then I was trying not to laugh. So I just quit looking at them" He is a hoot. This next week he gets to collect the fast offerings and for that he is super excited!
For any one that is not a member of the LDS faith here is some info on the Aaronic Priesthood
In the LDS Church today, worthy male members may receive the Aaronic Priesthood beginning at age 12. These young men, typically ages 12–17, receive many opportunities to participate in sacred priesthood ordinances and give service. As they worthily fulfill their duties, they act in the name of the Lord to help others receive the blessings of the gospel.
More on my faith: http://mormon.org/mormonorg/eng/ or http://lds.org
I hope he can continue to make good choices and be as strong as he has been. He is an amazing person. And also because if he is a teenager like I was... I will lock him in a cage and throw away the key. LOL
Now for the Birthday Festivities:
His other favorite gift... he put together all his birthday money and bought himself
a Digital Video Camera. (using dad's employee discount of course) LOL Spoiled Kid!
a Digital Video Camera. (using dad's employee discount of course) LOL Spoiled Kid!
This was his special request, and that we got a baby sitter for the little kids so it was special just for him.
Happy Birthday Young Man!!!
Last year to be a kid.. next year he is officially a teenager. YUCK!
3 comments:
You ARE too young to have a 12 year old. I love the blog. Such a cute kid. You guys make me laugh. You are the partyiest people I know! Of course a birthday would be a week long celebration not just one day at your house. You are the best.
JILL
What a cute kid! That's so great he's so excited about the priesthood. Congrats to both of you!
I can still remember the first time I saw him. You guys were living at those apartments by the hospital. He was so cute. Is it not amazing how 12 years has turned into 1 day. Just think what will come to pass in the next twelve years. Congrats on his ordination. I look forward to that day when Caden will have that ooppurtunity.
Post a Comment