Here are this weeks 10 memories....
1. Will finally decided to go potty consecutively. He has been using it off and on when the mood strikes but finally this week decided that it is easier to just use it all the time. His big motivation? He hates it when I hold his legs to change him and likes that I don't have to when he uses the toilet. Who'd have thunk it? hehe Hope this will last.
2. Did some canning this weekend. We did Spaghetti Sauce. Yummy. Now that is one food storage item that I could probably never have to much of. Nothing like homemade Spaghetti Sauce made with home grown tomatoes.
3. In the process of the canning adventure we realized that no stores in my area have canning jars in stock. Not kidding. We went to about 5 stores and they were all out. We ended up having to barrow jars from my MIL. Thank goodness for a generous and loving family. Once the stores get restocked in Jars I think I am going to buy some extras in case I have more canning to do.
4. Also made freezer jam. I picked peaches off my Mom and Dad's trees and made the yummiest peach and raspberry and also peach blueberry jam ever. Oh it is soooooo yummy. I love when it just turns out good. I would like to make more but there is only so much room in the freezer.
5. Garyn learned about Columbus on Columbus Day in school. For some strange reason he has been having dreams about Columbus having his head cut off and him finding it somewhere. I have absolutely no idea what brought this on but the last 2 nights he hasn't been able to sleep. Poor kid.
6. Jesse had Columbus Day off but the kids didn't so it was nice to have him home with me and the little boys. We got to spend some time helping his Mom and Step Dad pick out some new TV's and putting them up. It was great to be able to help them. Not just to be able to help them but the little boys love going over there and playing with Grandpa's train set. So they got to spend lots of time with is while they TV's were getting hooked up. When we left Will cried and said he wanted to play with Grandpa's trains at Wills house. Not sure how he thought we were going to be able to bring Grandpa's whole train table to our house, but it was pretty cute anyway.
7. Samantha has a cousin on the High school Drill Team so she got to take classes all week from the High school girls and on Friday Night performed at the varsity game. They had a blast but almost froze to death. It was so stinking cold out there on Friday.
Necia, Erika, Sierra, and Samantha
8. Went to a Movie with Jesse for date night.. we saw Eagle Eye and I liked it. I like most movies. I just plain like to watch movies. It's silly but I guess it's a hobby in a way.
9. I started on my Christmas Gifts for neighbors and friends.. This is going to take me longer than I thought. Once again I didn't think this over very well, and bit off more than I could chew. LOL
10. Been taking care of my Dad's dog and her puppies while he and my mom are on a cruise and yesterday when I went over to feed her she jumped up on his 4 wheeler and whined at me. So of course I had to take her for her 4wheel ride.. and my boys too. LOL His dog is hilarious she misses him when he isn't home to take her for her ride. I believe she has been therapeutic for him over the past 2 yrs with his trials. Sometimes animals can be that way. But that is a whole other story. But she is a cute dog and her new pups are stinking darling.
7 comments:
Fun week! The canning is awesome. I would like to do more that I have done. Which is nothing this year. HeHe
sounds like fun. your kiddos crack me up!!!
YAY for Will! Gotta love the potty useage! And the puppies are adorable and no, I don't want one! LOL
I want some of your jam. I wish I lived closer so I can come can with you. I have no one so, yea never do it. What kind of puppies are those?
Hey I tagged you. Go to my blog to see what to do! I hope you are having a great week. I have not seen you logged on latley. Are you doing okay?
The jam was very yummy and those dogs were so dang cute!!!
You've been tagged. Check out my blog for the details.
Cute dogs!!! Your kids crack me up!! So fun!
Post a Comment