Once again I am bloggy behind. I have been CRAZY busy lately. I have about 10 pans in the fire. As per my usual I am crazy lets make a tornado around us lifestyle. This past week we did some super fun stuff and I have lots of pictures to post. It was Samantha's Birthday and we aren't done celebrating yet. I still have 2 more parties for her and tomorrow is the 1st Teacher Dinner of the year so I am going to be busy busy cooking and hauling. Thank goodness I have tomorrow night and the next night off to sleep. I need it sooooooo bad. 2 -3 hrs the past couple of weeks is really catching up to me. Some big busy days ahead so hopefully soon I can update more. I also want to read every ones blogs and catch up. I am so behind and I miss them. I always get such great inspiration by all the wonderful people that I know and also that I have met though blogs. I need that pick my up right now. I know I should mark them all as read and just start fresh but I really hate to miss out on anything.
Anyway.. while reading one of my FAVORITE blogs in the world Crazymammaof6 and answering her curious questions I decided I wanted to post my answers because she had such great questions about our Christmas shopping habits. The past few yrs I have been really focusing on making Christmas a spiritually uplifting time of year and on trying to focus more on the reason for the season and the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. I have been trying (keyword trying) to cut some of the things that are unnecessary and take up to much time around the holidays.
My problem is that even though I don't spend a lot of $$ on gifts I always want to give something that is heartfelt and personal which usually results in a project or many projects that I am running around finishing at the last minute and etc. It's just my way. LOL
Here are my other Christmas thoughts for the day:
1.do you think about the stuff you'd like for Christmas? Yes but never make a list and never buy any of it because I do the mom thing and spend it all in the kids.
2. I am practical about Christmas gifts I want it to be something people can actually use and enjoy. The kids always get some clothes and sometimes coats and etc. Plus the stocking are usually filled with soaps, socks, shampoo, bubble baths, and etc along with some fun stuff. But hey it fills the sock and they use it.
3. What is your per person limit in your family you try to stick to. On my side we draw names and have it set to $15 on my hubby's side I just try to come up with something I can make for each family.. or a family game since they don't draw names. It is actually cheaper on his side because on my side with us drawing names and the kids to that is $15 each for 6 people. OUCH
4. I Do not budget very well. I suck with money. I just try to be cheap and then always spend too much. I try to pay it all from checking and now have a Christmas Acct. that I have been putting $$ in since I started working too. But yrs past I did it on credit cuz I had no other options and didn't want my kids to have bad Christmases. That was a hole that was not fun climbing out of. So now I will go with out or get creative before pulling out a credit card.
Another thing I am trying to learn is that if we only got our kids the stuff they actually ask for instead of all the cute other things we see and think they will like or that we find on deals it would save tons of $$$$$
5. When do you start shopping? Try to put a few things away starting about Sept. but I do most my shopping after Thanksgiving and LOTS the week before Christmas right up till Christmas Eve. LOL Last minute is how I do everything. Jesse and I love to go one night late late at night and do a big all at once get what we need shopping trip. That has become kind of a tradition for us. We like to shop together.
6. Which is more important to you? A: saving money and getting the best deal? or B: saving time, you don't have time to shop around, or time is money to you? That is a hard one it little of both. I love a good deal but I will not spend time running from store to store. That is just tripping over a dollar to save a dime. But I will comparison shop online, and hopefully find a coupon.
So thanks for reading my dumb not so interesting thoughts on Christmas. I love questions like this that get me to take the time to write down more things about my personality and how I tick. I think that these are the fun things that my grandkids or kids may want to know someday. LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
HAHA I was just reading crazymama's blog and thinking about Christmas too! Especially since I gave Carson a game that I had planned to give him for Christmas but I gave it to him this morning so he could play it while we were at the dentists office. I'm a naughty mom! I just needed him to behave and that was the only way I could think of to make him be good!
Natalie, I'm going to go ahead and add your blog to the Class blog. We are trying to get an email address from everyone in the class, would you send yours to sfhs1994@gmail.com? Thanks, Jamie (Clark) Dietz
good to hear from you. post back when you can. i've been thinking about the holidays too, now if I could just act on my thoughts!!!
You certainly have a lot of gifts to buy, but I like how you want to make things personal with projects too. Happy Shopping!
Post a Comment