My Super Cool Surprise! Room Makeover!!
When I got home from my Fab Family Trip to Disneyland I was welcomed by the best surprise ever! While I was out a little group of fairies (meaning my super cool, awesome, talented, creative, organized friend Nikki and her family) did an extreme makeover on my office / scrapbook room.
WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! This was not a minor makeover by any means it took her and her hubby and 2 kids a lot of man hours to pull this off. I am talking CUSTOM MADE desks and work bench... painted my ugly file cabinets, finished up my wall projects and hung them... and organized all my loads of scrapbook crap! She worked it out with Jesse ahead that he would give them the house keys and $$ for whatever they needed. She also totally pumped me for info about how I planned on doing the room. I was clueless... the whole time I thought she was getting ideas for HER craft room.
LOL Yup I am gullible. But happy!!!
heheheI can not even begin to tell you how awesome this is. I have never had such a nice surprise. Anything that I can possibly say to describe just how lucky I feel and how thankful I am will be an understatement. So without further adieu here are the pictures, with more details.
The Finished Product

So lets start with my fabulous new custom made desk. OK for those that don't know me I work from home. I take phone calls and since my kids are LOUD I work in the middle of the night. This is my quiet room where I work. Up until now my desk consisted of 2 plastic fold down tables and piles of junk. Joe (Nikki's hubby) made me this new desk to work on at night. I feel like a queen and can't believe how spoiled I am. He even used my file cabinets and incorporated them into the desk... painted in my favorite Black of course.
Are you dying yet??? Wait it gets better!
Notice the 12x12 frames on the wall? I had bought these a few months ago and like most of my great finds they found their way onto a shelf in the corner... Nikki in her genius ways found me the perfect ribbon and hung them for me. So now I have my red frames on the wall and need to make the pages to go in them. I am doing a page of each kid.

Now look at his PERFECT wall! Which by the way all walls were naked before this. My other darling friend Amy gave me these 3 stars and I haven't found the perfect spot for them yet. Looks like Nikki found the perfect spot huh? Though she did have to hunt the house looking for them with Amy on the phone giving direction. LOL
I also already had the iron decor that is above the fabulous magnet board that she bought and painted and hung for me. I told it gets better didn't I? Well guess what we aren't done yet... We have 2 more wall to go. I am sooooooo freaking spoiled! I do not deserve such a great friend and hubby!

Now for wall 3. This is the work bench that they made me.
WOWSER! They painted the file cabinets, hooked them together.. then he built me platforms to lift them so the drawers would open easier... then took an old salvaged door that I had in the backyard and made me the counter top. Love the rounded corners and the antiquing that they did on it. Look at how nicely they organized my stuff on top too. And the drawers are all nicely organized and full as well. And just to add a touch of class she put up my vinyl saying for me that has been sitting here since I moved in.

Wall #4 she got rid of my worn out see through drawers and brought in my
cubbies from the bonus room. Reinforced them and organized all my stuff into them. This had to be a long daunting task... her final decision was that I have to much stuff. HA HA HA who would have thought it? Oh I don't know
probaby everybody. I know I am such a pack rat and scrapbook collector. She also hung my red paper holder and put ribbon on my baskets and then bought me new curtain rods and red and black curtains. DANG CUTE!
Jealous Much?
I am soooooooo amazed that they did this for me. I still can not believe it. And to top it all off she just started a new job last week right in the middle of doing this room for me. Now this was one amazing family service project. She will be rewarded in heaven for sure. And I just have to mention what a bargain shopper she is. Everything she bought she used a coupon for and her hubby used wood they had extra for my desk and the total cost for my new fabulous room?? You will die! $120 Yup like I said she is AMAZING!!
The Before
I searched everywhere for a picture of how bad this room was before... can't find one... that's cuz it was not a room that I wanted to take pictures of. It has been the catch all for a few months.. But in the back ground of these photos you can get a clue at the before.
In the back ground here you can see the cluttered table with my worn out see through drawers and the 6 salvaged file cabinets that I had all in a row that were like an ugly primer gray color. I got these from a cousin of mine that clears office equipment. There were in great condition just not that cute of a color. :)

The pile on top of the file cabinets... is frames, art, decorations for the house that I haven't used yet. Nice that Nikki has way more vision than I do. She did get lots of over the phone help from Amy the 2 together had some great ideas. Don't ya think?

Behind the crying child you will see my plastic fold up table, my old kitchen table chair and more stacks of scrapbook stuff. Now aren't you glad that it looks so much better in here now? I know I am. I was actually excited to come back to work yesterday just so that I could play in my new room.
I love love love my room. My kids told me that I can't just hide in here all the time. I say that they are wrong and that I can. :)
THANKS AGAIN NIKKI!!!!!!!!
YOU ARE THE BEST!
7 comments:
I want to know Nikki and make her my new best friend!!! You are sooo super lucky and I'm so jealous!!! You deserved this so much and I am so happy for you!!! I love the twirly thing on the desk with the scrap stuff hanging.
You've been tagged! Do to my blog for details!
It looks wonderful! You can pay it forward and come to my house. J/K. Did you see that St. George is having a Scrapbook USA Nov. 7?
Wow! Amazing and awesome. I am so jealous. I can't imagine sorting through and organizing someone else's stuff, I can't even get through my own. That is so awesome!
Yeah in November, you think your coming to SB USA but really your coming to help me decorate my house! LOL
Wow--I'm seriously amazed and impressed--and jealous!
Looks awesome!
That is way cool! I bet that was one of the best presents you have ever gotten. Your hubby is awesome and so is Nikki! I've got an empty room waiting for you to come and decorate. HEHE
Post a Comment