Tuesday, November 4, 2008

10 on Tuesday Week of Oct. 29th - Nov 4th

1. Wednesday night I went our RS Enrichment night. We have a new and awesome girl on our committee that is crafty and has been offering us the best crafts to do. I loved it! I sometimes feel like I am distended from the ward. Being in primary you kinda live in your own little world at the end of the hall. So not only were the crafts great, and I got several of my Christmas gifts made but I also had a super fabulous time with friends from my ward. And I can't not mention that I was the crazy one that ordered multiple items (for gifts) and I had several people help me to finish mine up. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my ward. I am so thankful for the friends that I have out here that make my life enriched!





2. Jaden didn't have Young Men's this week so he went with Jesse and his old troop to work on his swimming merit badge. He did all of it in one night. He came home sooooo tired. But he was also so proud of himself and had a ton of fun too.
3. We had a Halloween party at my moms the Sunday before Halloween, the kids had a blast of course. She makes every holiday so much fun! The highlight... the kids and the dads chasing the baby calf from my moms field over to ours. We had him separated from the mom so that we could uhm.. well change him from a bull to a steer. Know what I mean? hehe And the kids were all out there in full costumes chasing him down the road. Nikki (my friend) drove by just as we were doing this and I think she had her laugh for the year. LOL



4. I did the Halloween Party in Garyn's class. Which was so much fun. I love Kindergarten and Pre-K aged kids. They are so cute. I had arranged for 4 stations and had a couple other great moms that came and helped. It worked out great and I felt really prepared and organized for it this yr. I guess I am starting to learn something.... takes me a while this is my 3rd child to do parties for in school. LOL


5. I helped with the Party in Samantha's class too. I brought 2 of my games for her class and some bags for the kids to decorate. It was fun to be able to just show up with my games and not have to organize it. Lucky Nikki gets to be Head Room Mom for her class. It is Samantha's teachers 1st yr teaching and she seemed to be really taken with the support from the mom's it is great to be able to help. She has been such a great teacher so far. I think she Samantha has connected more with here than any other teacher before. Partly because they are both a little shy.

6. I didn't get to help in Jaden's class because his party was the same time as Samantha's so I send him with his class treat (eyeball woopie cushions) and then I ran back and forth between the classes a few times to get pictures. His friend had the funnest costume he was a Mummy holding himself as a baby.

Later at our Trunk of Treat at the Church Jaden won funniest costume, and his friend (the I love my mummy) won most creative. That was pretty cool since neither of them has ever won before.

7. After school I was picking up the kids and Jaden brought his friend home for a while. They were texting some of the girls from school and decided to go to their trunk or treat too. For extra candy. So I took them back to town for about an hr or so. They thought they were pretty cool to be trunk or treating with Girls. Funny how in 6th grade the girls don't have cooties anymore. hehe

8. Then we did our Trunk of Treat. That was a blast. Jesse hooked up the inverter in the van and had lights strung in the trunk and some pumpkins. So we were all festive to sit there and hand out candy. Will was so cute as he went from car to car he would say "trick or treat" then after they dropped in the candy he would go "oh! Thank You!" like is was the 1st time he had ever seen candy. Garyn was more like just walk up with the bag open and move on to the next. LOL He didn't say a word to anyone. The big kids took off and trick or treated with their friends. We even took Harley with us.. costume and all. hehe Can you even believe I have become one of those crazy dog people with the dressed up dog?

9. After the trunk of treat we went trick or treating to G-ma & G-pa S, and G-ma & G-pa J's so that they could see the kids in costume. They were so tired by the time we got home.


10. And Tuesday I went to get my prescriptions filled for my stupid ear infection and then stopped to look at Halloween shirts and ended up finding the best deals. I am totally a manic when I find a good deal. The t's were $2.25 and the hoodies were $5. So of course I had to get a million of each. LOL I am in so much trouble. Jesse wants to kick my butt and he should really. But they were such a good deal and some of them I can put away for next yr and some were not even Halloween but were just in the clearance section and are totally great hoodies that the kids can wear now and all winter. Yup, I am naughty!

1 comment:

oda41143 Missy said...

good to hear from you!! you inspired me with your little crafts. Tell me how you made the tiles! I want to copy these for Christmas gifts.