Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Today Sucked!

OK So today kinda sucked.. this is me venting or rather Blitching!

My new shift at work is 1:30am - 7:30 am .. I love it and hate it. I like that I am already up and going and can just log off and run upstairs and get the kids up for school. I like that I can go to bed early and get a solid block of sleep in before getting up to work. I hate the I go to bed early to get that solid block of sleep and miss out on time with Jesse. Oh well that's the joys for being able to work from home. We want our cake and eat it too.

Anyway so that last few nights I haven't gone to bed very early because I am a retard, and it has started taking it's toll on me. The stupid headaches start going etc. So last night my head was pounding and my ear and when I got off on the morning my head felt like a bomb waiting to go off. Then I notice that I am bleeding from the ear. UGH!!!!! I was supposed to Mother Help in Garyn's Class and instead ended up at the Dr.'s office... So, I have an ear infection. What the crap, am I a kid again? But hey at least I can take some antibiotics and move on.

Then to top it off I went from the Dr's to the Dentist where I had a damn crown put on. OUCH! My mouth hurts now, the head is still pounding, and my ear still hurts. Not a fun day!

And to top it off Obama won the election and I just want to cry about that. UGH!!!! Really I am not even sure why I feel so sad. I am kinds surprised by that. Sorry but here are my personal feelings (in a nut shell) in that one. I am all about getting some changes made in this country but not the way he wants to go about it. I am also so very proud of where we have come to as people FINALLY, Equality! I love that we had a women running for VP, and an African-American running as President. I love that this has really been history in the making. It is great to be a part of that.

But I just think that Obama is all smoke and mirrors and that what lies beneath the surface is not what we NEED right now in this country. I am all for change, but not change for the worst. I think so many people (not all by any means but many) didn't really vote FOR him but that they voted AGAINST Bush. which is not what it was all about. Anyway, on the upside I know that God has a plan and I just have to pray and strive to do the best that I can. And I hope that under that facade and eloquence there will be something that we can live with and hope with all my heart that he really believes the stuff he spouts and that he really wants to make things better. UGH UGH UGH!! Having a hard time with this one. But I do get 4 yrs to find out, now don't I.

Anyway just kinda feeling like crap today. And yes I know that for the rest of you it is tomorrow but for me it is still today. LOL But when the sun comes up it will be a new day and this one will be better! hehe

5 comments:

Marylynn said...

I'm feeling your pain. I think all those Obama supporters will be quite disappointed. Hopefully he can suprise us all. Sorry about your ear infection's those are not fun at all. Hopefully you will have a better day.

Amy said...

It sounds like you need a girls weekend! Good thing you'll be here tomorrow! I say we sleep in on Friday for sure!

And like Caleb says (often) boo barak obama!

oda41143 Missy said...

today's a new day!! Smile ;)

crystal said...

Smoke & mirrors...yes. I am upset, too.

I hope you feel better! Ear infections HURT like a mother-you-know-what.

Rick O'Shay said...

We have to be thankful that we don't elect dictators, at least not yet. Hopefully Obama will rule somewhere from the center.
My fear is having one party in control of all 3 branches of Government.
As someone said "Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely"
I do tend to lean to the right and I did not vote for Obama. I just have to pray that this is God's will. Nothing in life happens that He has not ordained.
My wife and I have had quite a couple of years and I've had to come to grips with God's will over my will.
From reading your posts I gather you've grown to rely on Him also.
Have you ever been in a situation where you can actually feel that people from all over, many you don't even know, are praying?
You can be sure that If Obama is not the man God wants... he'll be prayed out of office.
If only every Christian knew how powerfull their thoughts and prayers were we would be a different country.
I'm sorry I don't mean to take up your space by going on and on.

I enjoyed reading your blog and you're very talented. How did you get your page to look like that?
Don't tell me.... google?