Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What a great weekend! & I saw Twilight

Me and Jesse enjoying our kid free weekend together.
We decided to Celebrate our Anniversary by taking a trip. Without the kids! Yup finally. I hardly ever leave my kids overnight unless it is with Jesse. But since I have an awesome great friend that was willing to come and stay with my rug rats at my house we got a break. Thanks Heidi!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Hum.. seems like last time I left my kids for a trip with Jesse was when you stayed at my house and watched the older ones when Garyn was a baby. Seems with out you we would never get away. I hope you have recovered. They are a handful!
We went to Moab for the weekend and it was so nice. We left Thursday and got back Sunday. I can not even tell you how relaxing this was. I was asleep by 9 on Thursday night and didn't even crack an eye open till after at least 10am Friday. OH THE BLISS of a kid free, work free night of sleep. I SLEPT and SLEPT and SLEPT. All I wanted for my Anniversary was some sleep and that is just what I got. Thanks to my wonderful hubby! We ate out at some yummy restaurants and we shopped and shopped and we also went to the new bond movie.. snore... snore.. oh I mean it was good. It was like any other bond film. Just not my thing. Jesse thought is was ok, but not all that it was cracked up to be.
I finally talked Jesse into listening to Twilight. So we listened to it all the way down in the car listened to it a little while while playing on our computers at the hotel and listened to it all the way home. He finished it up on his way to and from work Monday and we went and saw the movie Monday night. We took Jaden with us to the movie, since he has read the books. We all really liked it. I was not happy with the casting of Edward until after I saw the movie. Now I think it was great casting. He did a great job! I didn't like Bella as well. She just wasn't my Bella. But I do have to say: What was with the Edward Scissors Hands faces Jasper was pulling. He looked to strange for the part to me. Over all though a pretty good movie considering what I was expecting. Still the book is better of course, if you haven't read it.. then go read it.

So it has been a great couple of days! Here some fun Picts from our trip to Moab.

Yes folks it appears that I may have married a leprechaun. LOL Anyone who knows us knows this is just the silly kind for stuff we do. I left the Port a Potty pictures off the blog. hehehe Or did you want to see the funny things he does when he sees a sign that says Prairie Dawg.

Jesse enjoying the view thinking about how nice it is not to have to be worrying about keeping kids away from the side. We decided that it is much easier to take in the sites with out the kids trying to jump off a cliff.

They wouldn't let me take nay pictures inside of the house in the rock. SO LAME! So I am just posting a picture of the stupid sign on the rock.

OK so yes we think these cheesy thing are funny. The box says "Baby Rattlers... open with caution"

And inside the box were baby rattles. tee hee hee Someone is funny. You have to admit it is kind of a cute little think to have at a tourist attraction.

I hearts my litle hubby man! It was so nice to spend time together and talk and reconnect with out the kids all up in our faces. It's been a pretty good 14 yrs. I look forward to many many many more.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Looks like you had an enjoyable time. Glad you were able to get away! :)

oda41143 Missy said...

Love the pics. You guys are dorks!! Love it. Happy Anniversary, again.

Amy said...

How fun! I want another weekend away with Allan now. Maybe Heidi will come down here, LOL!

Oh and Jasper looked like a Furby to me. And you know how I feel about Furbies. CREEPY!

Amy said...

Oh and that picture of you and Jesse is adorable! You need to frame that one.

Crazymamaof6 said...

Happy anniversary! looks like a fabulous get away.

Sunny said...

You guys are a great couple! Happy Anniversary to you!!

kimmerbean said...

Looks (and sounds) like you and Jesse had a wonderful time. Happy belated anniversary to you!

By the way, TAG!
(http://kimmerbean.blogspot.com/2008/11/six-random-things.html)