1 Jesse and I went to see Glenn Beck’s Christmas Sweater Program. It was different than I had expected it to be. But, it was really good. It was centered on the atonement and the importance of Christ’s life. It was a great reminder that the reason that the birth of Christ is so important is because of the life and sacrifice that followed. A great thing to remind the kids of too.
2 We had our Relief Society dinner at the church this week and they had me decorate one of the tables. Gave me a good incentive to dig into the Christmas Decorations that I hadn’t gotten out yet. Samantha came with me to put up the table and she did such a great job on it. She has a little designer touch. I put on the fluffy cloth stuff and put my trees and Santa’s and books and then she went back and added the little finishing touches to it. It turned out pretty good. I didn’t even get a picture of it darn it!
3 We have all had a cold going on and some kind of a stomach bug too. Or just the flu who knows but it’s been lot s of fun having everyone sick. Poor Will he seems to be the one that keeps these things the longest. He is still fevering and his nose is still running.
4 Jaden went Camping. Yes in December he went camping. It was a scout activity. And of course it was the weekend that we finally get lots of snow. Hehe But he had lots of fun. He was well prepared for the cold and he said it wasn’t too cold. Though the leaders were teasing them from the other tent saying. “Boy are we hot in here with our heater maybe we should open the flaps or something. “Making the boys jealous. They did lots of hiking and some repelling. Jaden loved it of course. Though I told him to quit giving me to many details of how scary the drop offs were where they were climbing. It was freaking me out.
5 I got most of my shopping done now. I did the after thanksgiving sales but wasn’t too impressed. I don’t really love that crowds and chaos. So I did almost all the rest online. Got some great deals so I should add.
6 Work has been busy so it has left me no time to do my emails or blog. Sad when I actually have to work while working huh? LoL It is slowing down a little this week. I work the weirdest hrs so when I am not working I am usually trying to sleep or clean or etc. So I hardly ever make it to the computer. I just walk around in a stupor most the time.
My Typical Day…~ WARNING Boring ~ typically I sleep from 10 or 11 pm then get up at 1:15am work till 7:30 jump off the phones run upstairs get the kids up and dressed and out the door to the bus by 8:10. Then if I am lucky if Will is still asleep I will try to nap till he wakes up, most the time he is up so we sit on the couch and be lazy and I cat nap while he watches tv or plays. Yup great babysitting mom does huh? Then we try to pick up the house Garyn gets home at noon we do lunch and play games and referee the fights and chase kids.. try to get Will to nap around 2. He use to nap for me but hasn’t been lately little stinker. Then the big kids get home at 4. Sometimes I have to sleep after they are home and have them babysit. I hate that. I would rather the boys’ nap but oh well. Then we do homework whatever even we have for the night and dinner etc. Then back at it again. I have to work extra hrs for the past month and so I have been working my days off and not getting any days to refill my sleep so at this point I am a walking zombie. I feel like a pile of goo. I can’t really focus well at this point. Hoping to get some sleep soon. Yup pretty boring life we have going on.
7 We have been having Christmas parties … at the church and with family etc. Those are always fun events. It is great to get together and reconnect and just to relax and enjoy time together. Also been making gifts the house looks like a glitter bomb went off in here. LOL but it’s been fun. Some are not going to get finished and I am not going to sit and stress over it, I am just going to go with plan b.. buy something and put them away to finish next yr. I am putting them into the Halloween Décor box so I will remember to start working on them again in Oct. hehe
8 Finally finished reading The Host it took a while to get going but in the end it was worth the read. Very different.
9 Garyn celebrated his Birthday at school today. He had me bring in donuts and he was such a hoot about it. He kept saying from the second he woke up. “I am not 6 this isn’t my Birthday”.. Then would look at me and say “Am I six yet?”He is such a doll. We got to make a page that shows some of the picts of him over the yrs and also a little questionnaire about his favorites. Turned out so cute.

10 My Nephew Chance and his wife Patrice just had their 1st baby this week. I took dinner to them yesterday. And got to hold her. OH MY! She is precious! I can’t believe what a beauty she is. I will be posting picts of her soon. I just wanted to take her and walk right out the door with her. She is a doll!
11. Today we had activity days at me house and we made these cute Nativity Wreaths. That was a fun one. These are the cutest girls and I just love getting to do stuff for them. Especially Mantha, of course. ;)


3 comments:
Glad to see you are still alive and kicking!! Love your post. Please try and get some sleep!!!! Merry Christmas friend!
Hey...I think i recognize the wreaths. We're those the "deals" you got for something else??
hehe...looks like fun for the girls, sorry you're not getting sleep.
Sure get me addicted to blogging and then NEVER do it! I don't care if your not sleeping, don't you realize that you are here on this earth to amuse me?! Just kidding! I hope you are getting lots of sleep with the kids out for Christmas! Call me next week and we'll chat!
Merry Christmas Jensen Family! I hope Santa brings you everything you asked for~
Post a Comment