Friday, January 16, 2009

Teacher Conferances DONE

Oh I am DONE DONE DONE. Today was a rather long day.. well most days are that start at 1:30 am.. hehe

I worked then got off put the big kids on the bus. Garyn was out today because kindergartners don't have school on SEP (parent teacher conference) days. I snuck in a small nap. Woke up put the chicken into cook, for the teacher dinner. Left to get my hair cut and colored. LOVE IT!!!! I am so lucky to have such a good friend that cuts my hair. She just knows me and knows how to make it easy for me to do. Garyn got his cut too. Yup he really needed it. Yeah don't believe me look at the puzzle picture below again. Then rushed home and cooked cooked cooked. I made 2 desserts. Fried Ice Cream or as I think it is really called Coconut Ice Cream something. Anyway Totally yummy! Finished the chicken made my refried beans etc. etc. I have been the PTA mom in charge of dinners for the teachers in SEP night for 2 yrs and this yr I am having other moms bring in food so that I don't do all the cooking etc. It is a great way to go and we don't use any budget money this way because each mom just donates a portion. But I am not so good at delegating.

I find myself double doing everything because I don't know if I have asked for enough or if they will be able to complete the assignment and etc. When I was doing the whole meal I could line it all up and see what I did or didn't have etc. It is much harder planning amounts when you are tasking it out. So of course once again I over planed and over did. But the dinner was FABULOUS! The teachers loved it and the food was great and we didn't run out of anything. And I had extra moms that came and helped since my helper was swamped tonight with family wedding obligations. So we had plenty of food and plenty of help and I left feeling really grateful to live in a place where the parents do so much for the school. Everyone that I called to have bring food was so willing to help and they all offered to do more or bring more etc.

Got home at 10 the kids had torn the house to shreds while I was gone. Jesse is in SanDiego for a few days for a Software Conference and so Jaden was the the babysitter while I was gone from 4:30 - 10. He does really good with the kids but man oh man was my house a wreck. I put the food away and did a minor pick up and left the rest so that I could get some sleep. I went to bed by 11:30 then was up by 2:30am to work and now I am off and get to sleep a little more and my kids are not going to like me when I get up because it will be cleaning time. They are the ones that made the mess and I am not having Jesse come home to a huge mess after being gone. I want home to be able to come home and spend time with us in a CLEAN and relaxing environment. I think I get tonight off so we will probably get a date night.

Oh wait now we won't get a date night our babysitter is going camping. Jaden is going with the scouts on a Winter Camp out. YIKES! I have been trying not to think about it. Just thinking about my baby boy (OK young man, but he is still my baby boy) out in the cold sleeping in an ice cave is not a comforting thought as a mom. He is so excited and can't wait to go. I am gong to be on pins and needles till he gets back home again. UGH it is hard letting them grow up and go off and do things.

great now I probably won't be able to sleep... shouldn't have thought of it.

1 comment:

oda41143 Missy said...

You are way too busy girlfriend!!! Let me know how the the winter campout goes.