We are OFFICIALLY MOVING!!! We passed the final inspection and have been moving stuff into the garage and tomorrow we sign on the final papers and get the keys! WOO HOO!!! MINE MINE MINE!! (well after 30 yrs of paying the bank but hey still MINE!!) LOL Tonight is the last night that I will sleep in the rental and tomorrow we are FINALLY after years going to be sleeping in our own home that we have waited for, planned, waited for, fought for, and pushed for, for such a long time. I know that my grandma would be so happy to see us finally living here. We dreamed of this for years and the day has finally come. It still doesn't seem real to me that I am going to be living on this ground that has been in our family for 150 yrs. and that I have dreamed of since I was a little girl. I just can't believe that it is finally here... And that is has really been worth all the red tape and bull crap but that we finally made it through. I can't wait for tomorrow. And how and I going to celebrate it??? I have no idea, probably by yelling at my kids to not touch anything in the new house and by ordering in food because I will be to busy moving to cook. LOL
Not very creative I know. But I am still very very excited!!
p.s. of course Will is sick when we are moving. Garyn was sick on Saturday and spend the night laying across the street on Grandmas Couch while we hauled boxes and Then last night I got off work and came into bed at around 3am and poor little Will woke up in his disoriented middle of the night FREAK OUT that he does. He sits in the bed and cries "bugs bugs bugs" or "spiders" and he is totally convinced that there are some and we have to turn on the lights and show him that there isn't any and then after a while he finally calms down and goes back to sleep. Who ever heard of a little BOY being so scared of bugs?? UGH!!! It started with him getting stung by a hornet last summer and was escalated by the big kids using it as a scare tactic to keep him out of places they don't want him to be. Saying things to him like "No Will don't go in my room there are spiders" and etc. OOOH I could just beat them!!! I get so mad at them for giving him this stupid fear. He is going to hate summer when the flies start to come out again. And living on a farm with cattle you can just imagine that yes we have flies.
Anyway he finally go back to sleep and I get about 20 min of sleep when I hear a not so lovely sound and look up and there is Will standing on the side of my bed puking on me. GREAT!!! So we spent a very sleepless night and a not so productive moving day taking care of pukey Will. Thank goodness for family!! My dad called and came over and took him around 1 and kept him so that I could pack. (funny thing is that by then he felt better and Grandpa said he didn't throw up even once) And my sister came to help me pack the kids (totally disgusting messy) rooms. This was very very nice of her. She is a Drama teacher and this is THE worst week of the year for her as she is in the middle of her musical production of "Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat" with a cast of over 150 kids in 7th, 8th, and 9th grade. And she took her only night that she doesn't have rehearsals or the play and came to help me move. And then my mom came over once she got off work and packed all my kitchen cupboards into boxes and took that over to the house. Yeah the ROCK!!! I was happy to have so much help and this is just the beginning. I have had so much help from family in the process of building this house. ENORMOUS blessings from Jesse's family and mine clear out to our cousins. I can't even believe how many people have helped in one way or another. In huge ways from helping us get a better interest rate, to out of the blue bringing us the fill dirt we needed, to even one of his cousins just happened to work at the electric company and helped us save thousands on the installation, and my uncle works at the phone and helping us paint, and well this list could go on all night. It has been absolutely jaw dropping. And the numerous offer to help us move be friends family and neighbors. Sorry this has been such a long entry but I feel very very blessed and I felt that I needed to have this written down. See ya in a few days when I am feeling more settled and am back to work. I took the rest of the week off. :)
4 comments:
WHOOHOO! thank heaven for family and friends that are willing to help in whatever way they can. AWESOME! so excited for you to finally move in. bummer on the sick kiddo! that isn't fun. i have a handful of those this week. congrats on the house, and whoohoo on moving in.
I'm so happy for you. I am surprised that you said all the red tape was worth it. Do you remember ALL of the red tape? Just kidding. I don't have any advise with regards to Mantha. That kind of stuff makes me want to go and beat up the mean girls. I know that's an awful thing to say. I have a hard time with Alexus' friends because I know there parents and I think, it's no wonder the kids are the way they are. OOOHHH I am mean. love and hugs
Yeah I should be one of those friends helping you move too but Carson is...sick! Shocking, huh? It seems to be in the water everywhere! I'll come up soon and help you where I can. Sorry about Mantha but in a few days the girls will be hating someone else. That's just the way girls are. However it makes me want to drive up there and knock some sense into those little girls! I'll call you later on in the week when things are a bit more settled. Congrats on the new house!
I love those bracelets! I think I'll try them with the Miamaids! Do you think they're too old?
I hate friend troubles, too. Your heart just hurts for your kids when other kids are mean. I never know how to help them, either.
Post a Comment