It is that time again when we get to participate in LDS General Conference and I am so excited. I have really been looking forward to this session. I can't wait to hear from the new President of the LDS church Thomas S. Monson. For those that aren't LDS and want to know a little about what we believe you should tune in. The sessions are at 10 am and 2 pm Mountain Time and You can watch on Dish Network or on Direct TV or listen by visiting the LDS website here. I can't explain it but I am just excited. The past few weeks feel more like the past few years and it will just be really nice to relax and watch from home and get to feel the spirit. Sometimes being to busy with the kids and our callings at church you start to feel like you are missing the point. It will be a great chance to refocus on the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ. And to not have to fight the kids. We don't make our kids sit an listen they can so things but they don't get to have the TV's or Radios on except for conference. That way if they are playing with toys or coloring or putting together a puzzle or etc. they are still listening. And amazingly they do get something out of it.
We also have some really fun traditions for conference weekends. That, may be part of my excitement. I have needed a family together outing day for a while. We haven't done anything fun for a while. Just building, packing, moving, going crazy, and etc. For fall conference we usually drive up to see the changing of the leaves on Saturday in between the 2 sessions and have lunch and then take a drive and listen to the second session on the radio. For spring we take a drive and look for the signs of spring. Usually out to the lake to see the icebergs but this year I don't think there are any. Well at least I can't see them from my upstairs window but we are probably going to drive down and look anyway. It will still be fun and nice to spend time just being a family.
And then on Sunday we have dinner with my MIL in between the 2 sessions. This year we are having her at our house since this past week has been totally exhausting for her and since we are LOVE LOVE LOVING having a house that we can actually have guests in. My Mom and Dad are coming over too. It will be nice to hang out and eat. And then after the 2nd session on Sunday. we are going to a family picnic to celebrate my birthday and my nieces birthday and my BIL's b-day. That should be fun too except that I know I will be making my family leave earlier than they will want to be leaving so that I can get home to work. It is killing them that I have to be home and logged in before the sun actually goes down. They want me to move to a later shift. The only bad thing is that if I start later I also finish later and I already don't get off until 2 am so that may be really hard. I also want to change but think I better wait until May because then Jaden can watch the little kids for me in the mornings and I can sleep in. That is the only way it could work. Unfortunately I have to sleep sometimes. DARN IT! That is the one thing that is appealing about the Twilight vampires no sleeping. That would be so nice. Hope you all have a great weekend.
Questions:
What kind of Conference traditions do you have?
Do you make your kids sit right at the TV and Listen?
Do you make them take notes or etc?
Wouldn't it be nice to not have to sleep when the rest of the world is sleeping?
FOOD: It is such a waste of time after all. Eating too. I feel like we spend so much time working to pay for food, shopping to buy the food, making the food, eating the food (ok that part is good), cleaning up the food, and then the whole mess of pooping of the food. Really how much time do you think you waste on food related items? TONS!! WOW did I get off subject here? LOL I know I am nutz for sure
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Happy soon to be birthday. You are a nut, but pooping is so much fun that it makes all the food prep, etc. worth it :)
i totally agree on the food thing. time consuming!
on conference. we listen to it normally.some times from the comfort of my bed. and the kids do whatever. they listen too. but don't sit and watch . i missed both sessions today.
love that you can listen to conference on the radio in UT. we don't have that in AZ. i'm jealous. AND i am excited about listening to the new prophet too. tomorrow. and bummed i missed out on todays sessions. SHOOT! you ahve way fun traditions.
Food, a waste of time? NEVER!
My kids are supposed to sit with us during conference, but they can quietly play or do something. They are expected to stop whatever it is they are doing & listen when the prophet speaks, though.
Hey for some reason my comment doubled when I posted it. I'll try again.
You guys have fun family traditions for conference. Fun times.
My kids sat with with us for about half an hour maybe and were really reverent. Then we let them play and eat lunch during conference as we are on Eastern time.
Post a Comment